Getting more slack from clutch cable??

GoldenMotor.com

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
.xx.drn2I no longer have any problems... Every one on this site is very helpful and smart with these things, i myself learned alot from this site.
You guys rock and thanks to all!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

the paper boy

Jan 8, 2010
CA. Placentia
yeah from what I have read in your post I cant quite get a good picture in my head of it so if you could get a picture or two that would be nice then I can probably find a fix for it to make it work.flg.

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
yeah from what I have read in your post I cant quite get a good picture in my head of it so if you could get a picture or two that would be nice then I can probably find a fix for it to make it work.flg.
Here is a pic... this is the clutch handle let all the way out... as you can see the clutch is still engaged. I need about 1-2 inches of slack.. OH AND BY THE WAY.. INGNORE THE FACT ITS HITTING THE FRAME.. I FIXED THAT LOL.

Attachments

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Remove the cable from the housing and shorten the housing. That will expose more cable and should fix your problem unless the housing is too short already.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'll walk you through it...

take it all off, then pull the housing out passed the cable and cut an inch or so off of it with some good cutters, a hacksaw, cutting wheel, whatever you have.

the housing is spiral wound steel covered in plastic, and if you use cutters, it'll leave a bent, sharp end. you can nip at it with the cutters to clean it up, or file it smooth.

then poke a small phillips screwdriver, or a nail or something in the hole and twist it around to make it all pretty.

then push your inner wire back through, and hook it all back up.

if you mess it up, you can buy a replacement brake cable from any bike shop for a few bucks.