Need an oldtimer

GoldenMotor.com

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Doc if you have a good electric motor rewinding shop nearby you should be able to take the remains of your old brush and get them to find something close enough to work. I work on electric motors at times and have had good luck at the shop here. Find a shop that rewinds small motors.
Elmo

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
you could probably go to a place that repairs starter motors. they might look at you funny at first but most likely will help you out.. the place I goto , because of the demand of such work, they stock parts for that kind of stuff..

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
maby you can rehab the old ones pull the cace and withe a seringe of rubbing alcohal sqwert the armature the spin the shaft qwick seems to woek aney time ive tried it

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I've fixed hobart mixers before. Maybe there's a Hobart dealer near you. Check the yellow pages.

Otherwise, make your own brushes. I had a Chevy Corvette that had the cooling fan go out. It was the brushs. Went to a vacuum cleaner shop and bought some that were close, sanded them down to fit and voila!. The $2 I spent at the vacuum cleaner shop was a hella lot cheaper than the $175 Chevy wants for a new fan motor.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I would think a hardware store would have them.

I had brushes go on a dremel tool and while looking in the bins at the local hardware store, I found them. The bin wasn't labeled brushes, but I just found them accidentally, of course I didn't ask the helpful hardware man. Who would have thunk it?