electrical problem

GoldenMotor.com

gian

Jun 30, 2009
vancouver
does anybody knows how to check cdi using multitester, i dont know whats the problem w/ my engine. i tried to check the magneto wires using multitester i connect the blue and white wires to the testprods my reading is 3ohms, i also check the magneto by pullstarting i touch the bluewire and the bikeframe i was shocked it means it works ,but when i tried to touch the blue wire and the black wire i pullstart it i didnt get shock, i think i should get shock by touching those black and blue right, coz the black wire is ground w/c is connected to the bikeframe. i still have 1 way to find if my magneto is working or defective. Im gonna connect the black wire from the cdi going to the bikeframe instead of going to the magneto is that ok?. Is there any way to check the cdi using multitester . thanks guys

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
i saw that resistance and i knew you were shorted out...but i remembered seeing a thread a couple months ago where fair racing went and measured his resistances from oone of his bikes...he said it ran so i think that these numbers must be ok

CDI:
black to blue:115Kohms to 7.6 meg ohms
black to plug 2.6Kohms to 2.17Kohms
blue to plug 1150Kohms to open

I may have reversed the black and to bue readings but thats ok it will work either way its just a coil

Magnito:
blue to white 327ohms to 349ohms...........isnt this the one that read 3 ohms???
black to blue 327ohms to 347ohms
black to white 2.1 ohms
black to ground 0 ohms
blue to ground 327ohms to 347 ohms
white to ground 2.1 ohms to 2.3 ohms

after reading these i see how you got a shock when you went to ground....you got a short in the magnito taps....wouldnt bother fixing the taps when the magnito is cheap enough

THANKS FAIRACING for going out and supplying something of a spec...

zpt

^^^^ just thought that one would fit you!!! hahaha

Last edited:

gian

Jun 30, 2009
vancouver
i've solve the problem .the problem is not the magneto, it is the cdi that doesnt produce spark. anyway it still covered by the warranty they said they gonna replace it .am i gonna have a problem for the future if i tried starting the engine i tried about 30cranks without spark ,i just seen my sparkplug gets oily coz it doesnt burn fuel well thats normal but is there a problem in the cylinder bore maybe i scratch the bore coz i crank it so many time. does the fuel mixture stays inside the bore or it gonna gets dry if there is no firing up happening