Dual drive PVC Car....Question 4 smart guys?

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I have built a 4 wheel pvc car with a 1000 watt MP hub wheel.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=59272

Now i have ordered another hub motor and a 20 AH lipo battery. I would love to put both hub motors on the rear but I'm afraid it won't turn good. My question is should I put one on the front and one on the rear on opposite sides? This way it would be pulling and pushing. What is your thoughts???

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
Run them both on rear, you need to slow the inside wheel on turns.
Power on only one front wheel will be a fight to keep it straight. Im interested to see what you come up with.

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
This is what I have decided. I will put both hub motors on the rear with two separate thumb throttles. Join the brake cables so when I put on the brakes both wheels will regenerate at the same time giving me awesome stopping power. The reason for two thumb throttles is because one hub motor is more than enough power until climbing a step hill with two people on-bored. So, doing it this way I will have twice the stopping power and twice the power when needed. Stopping this little car has been the biggest problem. I purchased two 20" worksman hub brake wheels that I am not impressed with at all.