Smokey exhaust, Jet problem?

GoldenMotor.com

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Hi, I recently took apart my carb, installed a new air filter (huge one) and made a longer intake.. After sealing the intake all nicely, Im still getting a lot of white smoke that im almost sure was not there before I took apart the carb, And it seems the exhaust is driping oil and the sparkplug is coated in gas after low/mid rpm idle for a few mins.

Im wondering if maybe the main jet is spueing unatomised gas into the engine if its not sealed properly? I tryed taking the carb apart and unscrewing it, cleaning and rescrewing it in... did'nt seem to help much if at all.
Should I apply some kinda sealant to the main jet threads?

I also have the E clip at the lowest part, because it allways used to run a little lean before I redid the intake and air filter (There may of been a small air leak)

Smoke does not go away after idleing for 5 mins warming it up...

Also, iv adjusted the idle fuel mix screw and it starts to rev high at anything more then about 3/4 of a turn out. Adjusting screw does not seem to affect the smoke. Smokes more with more throttle applyed.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Ahhh figured it out, Raised the E clip on the needle one notch, Smoke all gone!
I must of been previous running with a small leak. Lesson: the intake manifold has to go all the way INSIDE the gasket at the end of the CNS carb, Not just butt up to it.

And I think what I thought was running idle too lean, Was actualy just right, I just needed to drop the idle speed. I think running it rich as I was was nearly stalling it out, Hence why I got the huge jump in RPM when I leaned it a little. Spark plug checks will tell... But at least its not smoking like mad now (Infact, its basicly clear exhaust)

And best of all, Now its idleing MUCH smoother, I can get down to a few KPH and you can't even hear the motor.. Over the whine of the clutch and tensioner. :)