new kid in town part 2

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Lefty,
That is a clean looking ride. Congrats on a very nice build. The Southport is the Jaguar replacement I think. Same bike, different color scheme. Have you considered a lay-back seat post. It made my Jag much more comfy and Dan's point Beach too. I moved the saddle back 7 inches on the Jag, Dan moved his 6. But then we both had lower bars. Maybe it wouldn't be needed as much with those apes.
Tom

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Yes 2Door My adult son owns this bike and I assisted him on the build. I wasn't a fan of the apes until I road it . It seemed to keep the hunch out of my bad back and made me sit up straight . He likes to sit low in the saddle does that seatpost raise the seat any ? thanks both of you for the compliments . P.S. an added feature was also the skateboard wheel tensioner it lined up real nice .

MrSandMan

Apr 5, 2010
Michigan
That's one sexy bike. I'm going to build a Meijer brand Schwinn Southport w/ Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur, SRAM grip shift. I test drove a Southport in Meijer today and they are amazing bikes for the money ($150 + sales tax).

I'm looking at either Pirates' PK80 or the Dax F80. I'm still researching which is the better way to go for the Schwinn Southport.

Sweet bikes

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
howdy!!!, kool build. definetly consider a shift kit from sick bike parts and enjoy all seven speeds with the engine. ride up hill no problem and enjoy flat ground speed at low rpms for better fuel mileage, increased engine life and less vibration. rock on brother!!!.......