drive roller help ryobi

GoldenMotor.com

fellafoe

Dec 4, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
Hi to all got a 25cc clutchless ryobi and was wondering how to mount the drive roller on i was gonna use a bike peg but the thread is a little bit smaller than a bike peg any advise would be appreciated.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
try a different bike peg, they come in 24 and 26 thread. On my ryobi, a 31cc 790r I used a 26 thread BMX peg regular thread.

You can also just jam it on there with some JB weld on the thread.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
What diameter do you have on now? I use a 1.5 inch roller coated with about 1/8th inch of JBWeld and sand making it about 1.75

You can order pegs on ebay and pick them up at any bike shop. The bigger the peg the more speed you get but also lose power. For me 1.75 inches was about right. I hit 22mph pretty easy and take hills around 15mph.

i reread the post and I get it now....

I'm not sure what else to use... pegs have always worked for me. Deacon uses a pipe cap and nipple from home depot. He welded a nut to the cap. But you could drill a hole slide the cap on , and double nut it in place and then screw the pipe nipple into the cap. Make sure you loctite everything in place...

Last edited:

rgvkid

Sep 21, 2008
Los Angeles,CA
If you can pick up the right bike peg you would probably be better off. The problem with drilling into the pipe cap is that if your the slightest bit off center the roller will be off center when spinning and cause alot of vibration. thats what happened with mine. Deacon probably has a better eye for center then i do. I just re welded the hole and tried it again, easy if you have a welder.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
What you have is a 5/16 24 threaded drive shaft.... You can pick a nut up for it at the hardware store... then slip your peg over the drive shaft and run the nut down behind it.

that should do it just fine. You will need a socket with a long extension. fold a piece of paper up and use it wedge the nut into your socket. Once you get it good and tight the socket will pull right off. Good luck.

ps there is no bike peg that size...