99cc preditor mount question

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
you should only need three mounts the lower one on the seat down tube holds the pillow block and the motor mount you will nee to drill 2 holes for the engine plate. i dont think you will be able to fit all three on the seat down tube. maybe you have a different plan? looking foward to seeing your build!!! i will be posting pics of the schwinn soon been working on the gas tank and clutch. put in some different shoes for engagement hopefully it helps.

good luck

glenn.wee.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
hey finally took some pics of my schwinn/preditor build its nearing completion still need to put in a jet. currently running a cintrifugal clutch but ive been spoiled by the cvt and seriously considering a swap theres way too much maintenace with the clutch! oiling bushing and the chian after every ride is not my idea of normal maintenance.. kubota generator has been working great.pretty happy with it over all.. its not a 212 but still a lot of fun to ride!!!

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks CCC the one with the basket is a customer bike as we were cruising around today we couldnt believe what we saw a schwinn panther bicycle in the garbage its not a straight bar frame but still a beautifull find. now he wants to swap frames and the build.i never built a bike and then had to tear it apart after 20 miles but in this case it will be worth it the bike needs a little work as it didnt have bars or a seat but otherwise complete. i still cant believe someone would throw it away

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
hey finally took some pics of my schwinn/preditor build its nearing completion still need to put in a jet. currently running a cintrifugal clutch but ive been spoiled by the cvt and seriously considering a swap theres way too much maintenace with the clutch! oiling bushing and the chian after every ride is not my idea of normal maintenance.. kubota generator has been working great.pretty happy with it over all.. its not a 212 but still a lot of fun to ride!!!
Is that an alternator I see running off a belt on the right side below the seat? If so what make and model is it? How well does it work for you?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm a little confused. (Sometimes a lot confused!) I have a 1950 Schwinn Panther and thought that if it is a Panther then it has a straight bar frame. What year is the bike, do you know (from the serial numbers)? Are the wheels 2.125"?
SB

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
thanks CCC the one with the basket is a customer bike as we were cruising around today we couldnt believe what we saw a schwinn panther bicycle in the garbage its not a straight bar frame but still a beautifull find. now he wants to swap frames and the build.i never built a bike and then had to tear it apart after 20 miles but in this case it will be worth it the bike needs a little work as it didnt have bars or a seat but otherwise complete. i still cant believe someone would throw it away
Is that the seat position on your customers bike?laff I sure hope not...

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
here a picture of the panther we found its not a straightbar its says 1952
thegenerator is a kubota dynamo, and that seat position is messed up but thats the way this guy rides...

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Live and learn. It says Panther right on the chain guard, so I guess it is. That's a nice frame, very strong and well made. I had a 51 and a 53 cantilever frame like that and they each made a great foundation for builds. Nice find, indeed!
SB

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
4 stroke all the way agk is starting to make some performance parts so i say preditor dont know of any peformace parts for the briggs 3 1/2 horse

klapool

Aug 29, 2011
Wisconsin
So I have a stupid question. I have a bead on a 99cc HF preditor new in the box.

I notice a lot of folks with the 99cc running a jack shaft, some with torquaverters or the like.

So my question is if i run a clutch off the shaft of the engine, is there a reason I need to put a jack shaft in or can I just run the chain to the rear sprocket.

This will be my first 4 stroke bike project.My son and I did 2 49cc 2 strokes, put a 66cc in a schwinn OCC chopper.

This will be our 4th bike.

Anything I should look out for?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

klapool

Aug 29, 2011
Wisconsin
So I have a stupid question. I have a bead on a 99cc HF preditor new in the box.

I notice a lot of folks with the 99cc running a jack shaft, some with torquaverters or the like.

So my question is if i run a clutch off the shaft of the engine, is there a reason I need to put a jack shaft in or can I just run the chain to the rear sprocket.

This will be my first 4 stroke bike project.My son and I did 2 49cc 2 strokes, put a 66cc in a schwinn OCC chopper.

This will be our 4th bike.

Anything I should look out for?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

OH!!! I just found the gear ratio calculator and with a 9 tooth clutch and a 44 tooth rear sprocket and a 26 inch wheel at 3500 rpm engine speed I would be doing 55 miles per hour!!!

Ummm NO, NO, NO!!!!

I think I'll opt for the jack shaft!!!

LOL!!!!!

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
OH!!! I just found the gear ratio calculator and with a 9 tooth clutch and a 44 tooth rear sprocket and a 26 inch wheel at 3500 rpm engine speed I would be doing 55 miles per hour!!!

Ummm NO, NO, NO!!!!

I think I'll opt for the jack shaft!!!

LOL!!!!!
And in addition to the ratios, unless you offset the engine, you will need a jackshaft for chain alignment issues.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
this build has been totally aborted reason was a gc160 fell into the picture!! i wasnt liking the 99cc performance when i thought i had things figured out more problems either it being top speed or vibration on engagement so i swapped out the 99 for a 160 honda and all i can say is **** yah!!! thing rides like a dream massive torque and great speed and it fit in my schwinn got to love this engine.. post some pics tommorrow!!

glenn.wee.