Should there be a limit on how many polls a member can post?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
I mean seriously Fulltimer--7 open polls? and probabaly a couple of other threads that might as well be polls? Are you getting the idea that people just aren't as zealous as you about this hobby? In each community/county/region in this state there are probably a couple of folks on MBs. Some are year round residents; others seasonal that may have a MB they ride. Most are in areas where the authorities leave them alone if they are acting responsibly. Some unfortunately are in communities where they are targets. DEAL WITH IT! There are work-arounds.

When I 1st started with this hobby, I was scared to death of riding in one city locally. The cops there are notorious for busting chops. I have personally witnessed a couple of incidents of them issuing summonses to pedestrians and bicyclists for the most minor infractions that would ordinarily warrant a mere warning. So yeah, I was worried about legal issues with these things. After many years of riding through and all around this burg, turns out there was nothing to be concerned with. I've never been stopped, questioned, anything. Yeah, I know. That's here and other places are different.

The point is that those riding in areas where they aren't bothered are not likely to start pouring gas on the fire; not likely to stir up the hornets nest; lay low and therefore not likely to participate in your polls.

Fulltimer, you have stated before that you are retired. I'm about a year to year and a half away. I know that when I'm retired I'll be hitting the road for 6 months or so each year to see this great country of ours regardless of whether I can ride my MBs or not. Is this ALL you've got in your "golden years"? Legalizing MBs in FL?

I check in from time-to-time on the Laws forum to see if there is anything new. Nah, not so much. Same ol' garbage from the few that like to argue. Now I look at the list and see an endless stream of POLLS about Florida laws; all from the same member.

DUDES! GET A LIFE! Build them; ride them; and enjoy them. Pay attention to the road rules. Don't ride like an idiot. And you'll probably be okay. Unless you live in a place where the cops are butt heads. Can't escape that fact. Life is too short to get your panties in a bunch over it.

Now, all that being said, if you still insist on changing the law, keep this in mind...
...baby steps. Start small. The law on the books about bicycles with motors speaks only to electric motors. Well, write your state officials in your area OR merge as a group and hit them all at once and just try to get the law changed to include ICE of less than 50cc to that statute. PERIOD!!! FOCUS!!! Keep the speed at 20mph etc. You only want to include ICE at this point. Once -and if- you get THAT, then you can work on the speed, etc. The law is THERE, you only need to modify THAT ONE to include YOU! You need to think like the Washington Democrats! Chip away at the rights little by little so they don't know what's hitting them.

But do we really need to have all the polls?
There just doesn't seem to be the interest.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i love in the middle of a large diatribe is this gem
DUDES! GET A LIFE!
&
Life is too short to get your panties in a bunch over it.
OP should read his own words.

the polls shouldn't bother you.
the reason they exist is because every time 1 step forward is made in discussion, it starts getting derailed with bickering.
so putting them in different threads creates a firewall.

personally my sheriffs said there is no issue with moto/bikes.
i still want the laws cleared up for 2 reasons.
first, i plan on travelling & taking my bike on vacation.
second, i care about other people.

so if you only care about your town & not about any one else, that's fine.
then you shouldn't care about a few threads trying to do something positive.

besides, you said you check to see if any laws have changed.
they changed earlier this year & not in a good way.
hopefully these threads & polls will make them change for the better.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
It was younger kinda somewhat idealistic people that changed the law in AZ ?

I guess Fulltimer still believes in our country and freedoms and thinks as a free thinking American he can change things ?

I wish Fulltimer the best ! :)

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i watched that video on the old spooky tooth site.
it was quite inspiring seeing all those people in front of the city board.

the OP might call fulltimer a dreamer.
i say he is not the only one.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
The one nice thing about what is posted on here is nobody is forcing anyone to read any of it. Sort of like watching TV. If you don't like a program you don't watch it. My suggestion to WayneC is don't read them.

I think most people understand why I have those polls. So I'm not even going to answer that. BTW WayneC, I end each post with my real first name. No where have I said my name is Dude!

Terry

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
You seem pretty dang interested, lol.

Should there be a limit? Nah, just ignore what you don't like or let the mods do their job or you can report a post if you think it goes against forum rules.......... like call-out threads.

Pretty much that way in all 'net forums.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
this is funny too.

Well, write your state officials in your area OR merge as a group and hit them all at once and just try to get the law changed to include ICE of less than 50cc to that statute. PERIOD!!! FOCUS!!! Keep the speed at 20mph etc.
duh! that is what we are organising.
we are gathering info on what people want to give the agreed info to a state rep.
letting people give there opinion is just like how OP gave his opinions on what CCs & speed they should go.
that is what the polls are asking.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Well, write your state officials in your area OR merge as a group and hit them all at once and just try to get the law changed to include ICE of less than 50cc to that statute. PERIOD!!! FOCUS!!! Keep the speed at 20mph etc.
duh! that is what we are organising.
we are gathering info on what people want to give the agreed info to a state rep.
letting people give there opinion is just like how OP gave his opinions on what CCs & speed they should go.
that is what the polls are asking.
Yup and while I'm not in Fl but I could live with the 20mph/50cc thing. Better than nothin".

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
To answer the original question, no there should not be a limit. I guess if someone was making a bunch of no nonsense polls they should be reined in. But the polls I have posted have a good reason behind them. On any given topic, the original question sometimes gets lost in a thread due to off topic discussions. In polls the answers of the polls are always right there and easy to see.

It is obvious that WayneC has a problem either with me or what I am trying to do. Maybe both. He has a right to feel the way he does. So be it.

Terry

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for keeping this civil, guys. Good discussions are welcome and encouraged. Arguments and name calling get deleted.
Thanks again.
Tom

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
DUDES! GET A LIFE! Build them; ride them; and enjoy them. Pay attention to the road rules. Don't ride like an idiot. And you'll probably be okay. Unless you live in a place where the cops are butt heads. Can't escape that fact. Life is too short to get your panties in a bunch over it.

Now, all that being said, if you still insist on changing the law, keep this in mind...
...baby steps. Start small. The law on the books about bicycles with motors speaks only to electric motors. Well, write your state officials in your area OR merge as a group and hit them all at once and just try to get the law changed to include ICE of less than 50cc to that statute. PERIOD!!! FOCUS!!! Keep the speed at 20mph etc. You only want to include ICE at this point. Once -and if- you get THAT, then you can work on the speed, etc. The law is THERE, you only need to modify THAT ONE to include YOU! You need to think like the Washington Democrats! Chip away at the rights little by little so they don't know what's hitting them.

But do we really need to have all the polls?
I live in a part of florida where LEO's are putting up the fight like the Alamo.They refuse to accept these. They hate even the thought of em'. Your correct about keeping the speed at 20 and the # of cc's at 50. Here in FL, theres no way your going to get the law changed to accept 66cc motors yet. Start little and then go up over time. Include that if idiots want to ride these careless, they should be either fined harshly or arrested for endagering others. Speed limit should be 20mph. Thats plenty fast enough. Bike brakes can still stop the bike fast enough if need be. Anything above that, the bike brakes don't do so well. 50cc is enough to get up hills and unpaved roads here in FL. Thats all there is to it. Shouldn't need a license, or registration, or insurance.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Speed limit should be 20mph.

50cc is enough

Thats all there is to it. Shouldn't need a license, or registration, or insurance.
I agree and would gladly accept the 20/50 restrictions in exchange for no lic/reg/ins. That's basically been the European model for small engine assisted bicycles for 75 years.

Want bigger/faster? Prepare to bump up in vehicle class and pay the costs of lic/reg/ins.

TxBikeRider

Aug 7, 2010
Texas
My answer is no, there should not be a limit.
The mods do an excellent job of deleting irrelevent posts and moving posts to the proper place (this thread for example) they are also very patient.....(Again this thread). I will trust them..

Status
Not open for further replies.