JNMotors Carburetors

GoldenMotor.com

circleball

Aug 24, 2010
south texas (sea level)
so has any one tried the jnm modified carb ? JNMotors? Modified Carb Kit

or the jnm performance carb ?JNMotors? Performance Carb

i am fixin to buy one (a carb) the cns carb worked Great ! but the breakage of the nub is the down fall, i fixed teh slipping off with a wire hanger, some pliers, and zip tie i would really like to get the performance carb from the readings it appears to be the best one. i dont want get the modified if its more for the smaller engines (44/50). i have a Grubee Skyhawk 80cc /66 slant. so far i am leaning toward the NT Speed, since it is the one that was designed for the larger engines. on their site i believe i saw it on a lareger engine. i should be ordering one or the other on thursday (21st) so i will update whats what.

Questions, comments, suggestions ?

nt speed, for sure - performance, close second - modified, in for consideration

madwheels37

Jul 27, 2010
Bradenton, FL
I have just installed one on a Chopper Spoiler and for 20 inch tires I canhonestly say this has been one of the best installs for upgraded Hp I have ever done. I have built maybe 18 over a 1 1/2 year span and have done 2 choppers. The velocity stack with lowpro airfilter and speed carb for I think a total of 35 or 45 dollars was a great purchase. They don't have an option for choosing color, but maybe if you called or emailed them to request what color that'd help out. Mine came as a purpleish/Red/Pink color. Doesn't look bad, but wish it would've come straight red. I didn't ask though either. Seriously the entire kit is well worth it. Oh yeah It doesn't sayit comes with the air filter, but it does.

circleball

Aug 24, 2010
south texas (sea level)
performance carb should be en route today (22) not sure if it comes with the velocity stack, the first dude i talked to was saying so much i dont remember everything. but i DO remember him saying something came with the stack but they didnt cal it a "velocity stack" but he said that is what it was. so we will see. or i will just order one after the fact. i'm at work so more later : ) thanks for the info.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
That's the same carb Dax sells, the RT, but twice the price. Ridiculous. All of their stuff is so overpriced and BS'd up it's not even funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

circleball

Aug 24, 2010
south texas (sea level)
Reviews are in! o_O WOW ! Idles Great, Lows are Great, Mids aer Great, Highs are GREAT. Start up is amazing, i literally got "startled ?" when i engaged the motor. Cause it fired up so B4D4SS and perfect. It almost flew out from under me, it took off so quick!Throttle resposnse is Superb. Mounting is very solid and secure. Had to chang the jet to a .68 (im at sealevel) still a tad bit rich but should be good hitting the top end. FLATBLACK WAS NO HELP PLEASE REMOVE HIS COMMENT. The jet set was $15 came with six jets. didnt do WOT, i dont usually push my anything to the maximum. keeps stuff alive longer. It was pretty damned fast at that. Totally impressed. Well worth the $75 with the jet set, whcih i recomend getting, unless you got a shop around the corner. Glad i didnt have to order them after the fact and have to wait. the power and smootheness went up substantioally and the shakes went down quite a bit.

sidenote: hadnt fired it up since 7-15-2011. (put abrand new spark plug in) The motor was cold (room temp.). with the too large of a jet in place, and the choke on, that un-does itself.

Last edited:

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Sorry it upset you. It was directed towards the shady business and trying to save you $40. It's your money. Glad it runs well. My $30 one was a great investment.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
That's the same carb Dax sells, the RT, but twice the price. Ridiculous. All of their stuff is so overpriced and BS'd up it's not even funny.
I concur to this:

You can find the same products on other websites for the actual price, not marked up to double $$.

circleball

Aug 24, 2010
south texas (sea level)
@flatblack, not mad. it was just that it was no help as to the performance. maybe a link nexttime. or even the name of the site for "ease of use" it was my first and so far only order from them, and it was no trouble at all, i called them about three (confirm the order, ask about the velocity stack, aaand i think that was it but i dont remember the last one.) times and we talked for a few and they were really helpful and knowledgeable. although the dude was trying to upsell, like the distibutor for the 2cycle mototrs. but other than that i experienced no problems. but perhaps it was my turn for the easy one, ya know. Thanks for the update on the lower price though. i think i might slap another together for the mrs. and i am proly gonna want to get the same carb. CAUSE IT ROCKSSS !!!!

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
It is a great carb. I did mention that it was the same carb that Dax sells. A search can bring up a lot of helpful info. Or asking the right questions like "What's Dax? Is there a website?"

I'm glad the buying experience was good through JNMotors. But you just witnessed the true motivation behind them first hand when they tried to upsell you on another part. Almost ALL of the parts/kits on their site are available elsewhere for half the cost by reputable vendors. If a company says you're gonna get an "immediate horsepower gain of 3hp" by simply bolting on an expansion chamber, take note that something is a bit off.

Here are a few vendors after doing my research and purchasing first hand from that I'll go back to:

-Dax - bicycle engine kit, bike engine, bicycle engine, bicycle motor
Don't let the hard-to-navigate site fool you. This guy is top notch. I've ordered several parts from him with fast shipping and GREAT communication! He knows his stuff and sells great parts that other companies then pick up on and sell for more. Kits are a few bucks more than other sites, but they are also inspected. Duane stands behind his product.

-Pirate Cycles - Pirate Cycles
Also great guys to work with. They're on the cutting edge of performance parts. They are constantly developing new, improved ways of making these kits more reliable and faster. Sometimes can be hard to get a hold of through email. But a quick phone call usually works if you call during their regular hours. Their shipping is really fast and they are apart of the hobby that we love.

-Piston Bikes - www.PistonBikes.com
I ordered my kit from them. They are also involved directly with the hobby. I did have some issues with the kit when it got here, but I was able to resolve them. Since, I have ordered a Manic Mechanic hub adapter from them. It came super quick.

-SportscarPat - find him on the forum
Although I haven't ordered anything from him yet, his products are SUPERIOR to anyone else! If you're looking for some unique products like layback seat posts, 3 piece hub adapters, or even a fully custom boardie frame, he's the guy to go to.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your builds. Enjoy that carb at WOT!