What size sprocket to change to?

GoldenMotor.com

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Depending on where you ride, I dunno about a 32T.

On my old 44T I could climb Americana hill as it leads to Emerald, anything less and you couldn't though. So it depends where you ride.

Either way - I'll be in Boise Thursday or Friday, we should meet up and I can help you out in person.

Xchambers are louder and can make the ride smoother.

syates234

Jun 14, 2011
idaho
That would be cool I know like nothin' about em so I could use the help. I mostly ride flat ground with a couple hills but mainly back and forth to work. I go up the federal way hill by zamzows

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Honestly, with the Treasure Valley's hills, I wouldn't go less than 36T. I can still climb an overpass fine enough with 36T, even better with 44T though. You might/should be fine with 32T tho, definitely don't go smaller than that if it's a 26" wheel - do you have a speedo'd/gps'd top speed currently? You said it feels like it wants to go faster, I'm curious how fast you're already going. As well, it could be that the back bearings are too tight or the brakes are rubbing.

Dunno how many links you'll have to take out - just take as many as it needs.

But first - what size drive chain are you running? I know 210/410 can cause some issues in clipping the sprocket teeth, 415 is wide enough to not clip the teeth, and #41 is wider than that and also much stronger.

Coolness - I'm always down to meet and help out another rider. I'll make a call tomorrow and see if it's thursday or friday I'll be in Boise.

syates234

Jun 14, 2011
idaho
Well I got a 60cc motor nit I tell people its 48cc. I don't know what size chain but it does tend to jump the sprocket

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
The thing about two strokes is they run best at high rpm under load. Really, it may seem like it wants to go faster, but it could just be asking for a slight incline or a hill.

I have my money on it just needing tuned. On my old 66cc I could keep pace on Overland from Meridian to Boise.

syates234

Jun 14, 2011
idaho
I was told to turn my idle up but when I do that and pull in my clutch it revs up so o turn it down but I don't know where the sweet spot is.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well, your clutch is probably slipping, you probably need a new sparkplug, the carb probably needs leaned out, and you probably need a larger chain.