Fuel out of vent tubes?

GoldenMotor.com

yodabob

Jun 29, 2008
North Wales PA
Got my S6S engine running which came with the PHBG 19,0mm carb. Starts easy idling fine ramps up smooth. After engine warms up and I come to stop engine stops and fuel runs out of vent tubes. Any Ideas?
Thanks Yodabob

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
does it only come out after you stop? try giving it a few taps with something hard careful tho i've put a screwdriver thru a bowl before lol the delorto i got is a phbg and the float level isnt adjustable.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My 9.4 Morini s6s is a Dell'Orto PHBG19. The float bowl on it is adjustable it has a metal tang set up.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
next time you have it apart can u take a pic of it? i just dont see the tang on mine the metal the needle sits on is the actual float cant bend that lol

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I don't normally ever bend tangs except for the stock N.T. china carbs I have messed with. On those I put a gentle arch to the tangs so the free floating float will naturally recenter itself and not get cocked.. On the said Morini carb I corrected the steel metal cage that holds where the needle valve is is held together with the float assembly. In better words right at the needle fulcrum. Mine is metal there.

The M carb I have does not have tangs like a China N.T. Nor does it have a free floating float. It is a better design. It has two floats integrated together as a assemble side by side. Mine is metal at the needle fulcrum point and can easily be adjusted there. Which is how carbs should be adjusted. lol.

yodabob

Jun 29, 2008
North Wales PA
I got a tell you I've work on much more complicated carbs then this in my life and this thing is testing me. Float was at 15mm went to 15.5 then 16 then 16.5 same problem. Then we took it with the bowl off and lowered the whole thing into a clear glass of water slowly and while blowing the slightest breath of air into the fuel line. Got the float to the seating position and still saw bubbles. We took the the needle and put it under a microscope and you can see the rubber tip has a slight angle on the end instead of a point. looking at the seating point in the carb it looks like it should seat above that point. But since this is what we can see going to locate another needle and see what happens then. I'll get back to everyone.
Thanks Bob

Last edited:

yodabob

Jun 29, 2008
North Wales PA
Got carb back together today with new needle and that looks to have been the problem. I got to tell ya never would of seen that angle on the tip of the needle just by looking at it.