Mechsmoto's 9.4 Morini build

GoldenMotor.com

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
Ok guys, time to start searching for the "blood" that Im gonna run through this lil beast... any suggestions!!??????? lol!!

I know itll start the Great Debate.. but, I'd really like to know what you guys have been running through yours???

Ive already decided that once the break-in is over I will use the manufacturers suggestion of castroll tts premix... TRUST ME when i tell you i have spent most of my life putting castrol full synthetic products through EXTREME road and track settings... IT HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN>> NEVER

That being said... how about the break-in... any motor(racing..single ring) that ive ever built with a synthetic break-in has had problems within the first 500-1000 miles... Ive broken many in with klotz castor oil and i think everysingle one of those is STILL RUNNING TODAY!!... maybe not exactly but, you get my point... anyone else agree that castor bean oil is the best oil for break-in?? and at what ratio(50:1 seems a lil light.. maybe 40:1?? 32:1 seems a lil heavy??)

And lastly.. whats this 20sae oil for the clutch to bath in?? Ive read just use tranny fluid... what the BEST product to use... OIL IS THE BLOOD OF ALL ENGINES>>> IF you dont spend money on ANYTHING ELSE you put in your bike... be SURE TO SPEND MONEY ON THE OILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a lil advice from the scooter guy!!! take care guys... cant wait to see what comments start hitting this thread now!!!!! wooo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Well the guy's here from North Carolina in this thread will prolly use the same stuff that Jim from C. E. uses? not sure what that is tho.:D

The Guy's from cali so far Mebbe Opti 100 to one? :p

Stand by for a infomercial!!!! Teasing lol J.K. Guy's J.K. geasers lafflaff
I will prolly be using Amsoil Dominator with a top secret experimental additive still thinking it through tho[I care not to disclose yet as it is experimental after all] to the tune of about 40 to one. My last motor did quite well with plain ol Dominator at 40 to one under extreme testing so dunno at the moment.

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
too funny!!! Wwwwwooooffff guys Im having a **** of a good day.... woke up this morning went to go grab what was supposed to be a box with a kmc chain and half link from pirate cycles... what i got ??? woooooo hoooooo!!! im soooooo happy heres a pic!!!!! I sent him a note on the order asking for him to charge me another $20 another bucks for a 56T sprocket(M.M.)... I never heard back so i assumed i would just be getting the chain in this package... weeellll .... justin ends up sending me a 62T windowed sprocket with an extra length of chain, two master lengths, and a 1/2 link!!! wooooooooooowww!!!!!!!!! HE IS ONE **** OF A GOOD GUY >>> NO???? I DONT THINK ANYBODY ELSE GIVES CUSTOMER SERVICE LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone else would have sent just the chain and a note that said you will also need this and this and this.... bla bla... Keep in mind I have spent a good deal of money Justin.. so i doubt he does this everyday... but, the whole thought of it blows my mind!!! We have nothing like that here in Miami... and I own my own shop... i do well because I REALLY take care of my customers.. and him sending me these things makes me really feel good.. like somehow it all pays off!!! He had no idea I've said anything about him on this forum... OR that i own my own shop... Im just a regular customer .... Im very impressed!!! Thanks so much PIRATE CYCLES you really mad my week!!!

andd.... the bills pipes kx65 exhaust shipped out today... soooo, hopefully by this time next week... itll be running!!!! woooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres a pic of the surprise goodies!!!!

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Has anyone enjoyed the good hardy trolling here as much as I have?

YeahhhhhhhhhhHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Kaw Kawwww Kawwwwwwwwwwwwww KawwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWW:)

What just happened? Gotta have a since of humor..

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
yea from my experience under extreme conditions it seems that a lil heavier oil mix is better as far as for the longevity of the engine. 50;1 leaves me wondering just how much oil is actually making down to the crankshaft bearings...?? I think 40:1 sounds better to my ears... still not sure what ill be using for break-in... i was thinking klotz castor bean... ??? was hoping to get a bunch of opinions to average out?? and the tranny side?? what fluids are you guys running?? just plain tranny fluid?? thanks again guys!!!

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
i know .. i know goathearder... sorry.. you were just making fun of the infomercial. I laugh, and then turn around and type one of my own..... lol

sorry ... just cant believe the guy sent me that much extra stuff for free???? amaaaaazzzeesss me....

forgot to post a pic of the bills pipe kx65 exhaust i bought... here it is..

Attachments

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Mechsmoto -that bike is going to be insanely fast. I hope that you will be putting up posts on youtube because I don’t think mere words and still pictures will do it justice.

Camlifter- I just bought a Cadillac Cruiser that has a NuVinic hub that I am planning on running a through SBP jack shaft. Is that what you are running on yours? Can you take some photos of how you mounted the engine to it?

I have seen the youtube flicks of the 9.4 run straight to the rear wheel and it is clearly powerful and fast. It looks like the 5.8 Morini isn’t available at the moment and the only two options to buy a Morini are the S6-S at 9.4 hp or the S6-E at about 3 hp. If the 9.4 flies without the benefit of being driven through at Nuvinci can I get by with the 3 hp model? My reason to move up from the china girl is reliability and more power. Top speed isn’t as important as the desire to go up hills without my speed dropping from 30 mph to 22-18. On my china girl using the shift kit, pedaling didn’t help the motor climb hills because it is already spinning the cranks faster than I can keep up with it. I have put in a few hours reading about these engines but I don’t recall anyone using the 3 hp. The 9.4 might be overkill but I don’t want to spent nearly as much for the 3 hp and regret my decision. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
yeah. mine runs through a sbp jack shaft kit, the mounts i made and welded on, theres more pics of the bike in this morini section under morini hotrod. the nuvinci is no longer on the bike as it didn't hold up to the 9.4, the s6E should be no problem for the nuvinci, the new 360 nuvinci might hold up to a 9.4 but i have not tried it or know anyone who has.

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
hey guys!!! Sorry I havent been on in a while.. had some computer issues there for a bit. The bike is complete!!! Talk about suuuuuupeerr fassssst!!!!! I mean wow!!!! It rockets to 40-50mph like right now.. not later... NOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not stull, no delay, no wind out... just bbbiiiinnnngggg like an angry bee!!! Woooo hooooooo!!!!!!!!! pics soon to come...!!! and videos even better!!!! STAAAAYYYY TUUUUNNNNEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
Heres a pic of the finished product!!! Sorry for the low quality pics the bb only has 2mp.... anyway thanks to Ever and Andy(owner) of WWR(world wide racing) for doing a custom exhaust install for me ... the bills pipe exhaust on this thing SCREAMS!!!! I cant explain the acceleration guys... motovelo has trouble passing the car there in his 9.4 onboard video>>> this was with a 40-44T sprocket>>>> my bike pulls 10-15 car lengths away from cars in seconds
!!!!!!!!!! power wheelies if i sit up straight(no pulling with my arms).. i MUST lean over the handle bars for strong acceleration!! I still have yet to give it a full throttle launch... IVE opened it up a few times but after i was already in the powerband not on launch.. nooooo need.. 1/4 throttle is more than enough to rocket up to whatever speed itll do.. definitely into the 40's and i cant wait to show you the video>>> for now heres the pic!!

Attachments

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
i hadnt been on in soo long i forgot to add the things that went in to the final touches of the bike being road worthy... the fourth mount was added.. all mounts were welded to the chromoly frame to be sure the vibration would not allow them to twist... a weinmann zach19 safetyline rim was added to the front(as the stock rim was only a single bead.. and the new rims are dual bead(meant for downhill mountainbike racing)... also an mmg airfilter(but i ended up arriving at home without it today.. thought the bike felt a lil louder and a lil stronger on my way back... checked the plug just to make sure i wasnt running lean... and without the air filter i have a perfect light chocolate brown plug... with the filter i was on the dark brown to black with a lil four stroking when barely touching the throttle. I still have made absolutely NO modifications to the engine whatsoever... other than the bills pipe(kx65 @ camlifters suggestion.... SPECIAL THANKS TO CAMLIFTER FOR THAT BY THE WAY... as i doubt the bike would be nearly as strong without it... says it gives the rm and kx65 2hp just by bolting it on... This bike runs stroooong... Final weight is estimated at 50lbs... and with me 150lbs makes a 200lb combined weight and let me tell ya... this lil morini has nooooooo problem flinging it around with this 62T sprocket... !!!!!!!!!!dnut

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
LOL!! Hopping it up??? This thing is already hopped up 14,5 to 1 compression??? An angry bee is all i can say... literally 10 car links ahead of cars from a stop light with NO effort!! just a quarter throttle pull... would have to put a smaller rear sprocket to run an 8th mile because it redlines too quickly... Im going to try and get my buddies to help me make some videos today... hopefully ill be able to post them tonight. Is uploading a video here the same as a pic. I usually email it to myself.. save the pic to my desktop screen(so its easy for me to find).. click on the reply here< manage attachments< find pic< open< upload< and submit reply... hope its the same for videos??? My buddies will know better than me with all that computer stuff thats for sure!!!

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
Hey camlifter you still there??

My only complaint is the clutch engagement.. after 2 nice accelerations runs from stand still its already overheated??? i dont understand ?? its supposed to be a dirtbike engine /?? no??? they are built to fly and stop ... fly and stop...

I used havoline10w30 the first 3 days and changed it each day... then switched to castrol mtx synthetic... says it the best bla bla for all 2 stroke on and off road bikes.. with or without wet clutches.. I switched early because it felt like the clutch was overheating super fast out of nowhere on the third day with the regular oil. Even with the good oil now it will still do it.. its sporratic though.. sometimes its pefect.. other times it just stays slipping...

Does your clutch behave the same way?? Have you already found a way to solve this problem?? Thanks so much for your help

mechsmoto

Mar 18, 2011
miami
excellent news!! Thanks again camlifter! My castrol mtx is 80 so should be fine... I havent changed it in a few days.. maybe i should swap it out?? How often do you change your transmission oil?? Ive only ran 2 gallons of gas through the engine so far>> I have this lil evil guy in the back of my head telling me i swithced to the full synthetic too soon as i can still see cross hatchin inside the cylinder>>> Just couldnt force myself to run crapola oil through this nice engine any longer than one gallon(which is four tanks for me because i only hold 1L of gas at a time.. lol!!) I guess time will tell.. gonna go change my gear oil now...

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Nice bike, I like the high engine installation, it is something I have not seen before, but it is a nice work around for the crank issue.