Fuji-Davidson

GoldenMotor.com

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
My second build. Gas tank is being painted and waiting on hub adapter from Manic Mechanic. I also added pics of a motor mount and muffler hanger. I made the motor mount out of 1/8 " steel, it's much stronger than what comes with the kit. I trimmed the tabs down and painted it after the pic. I cant wait to ride it! Damn I wish Manic would buy a few more CNCs lol

Attachments

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
Here's the tank I just finished painting. I used House Of Colors Pitch Black. I added some metalic flake to the clear coat, wish i hadn't, it looked much better without it. I'm thinking about repainting it, but probably won't lol. I love the shine, though. You can see the reflection of me taking the pic, in one of the pics. Now if I could only get that hub adapter from Manic Mechanic!!! This friday it'll be one month since I order it, and they said it will be two more weeks! So, I should have it in a month or so lol. Hope it's as cool as it looks!

Attachments

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Copy that on the wait, been 5 weeks wait here. Maybe two much drinking and not enough cncin. No excuse, I ran a CNC mill for awhile, they usally rip out about 10parts at a time of 1 block of aluminum, more or less. Maybe has a big paying contract using up the mill, remember were motorbikers 1% ers. **** with it, throw the rag joint on there till you get the adapter. I did after 2 weeks wait, if it was that long.

Last edited:

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
Copy that on the wait, been 5 weeks wait here. Maybe two much drinking and not enough cncin. No excuse, I ran a CNC mill for awhile, they usally rip out about 10parts at a time of 1 block of aluminum, more or less. Maybe has a big paying contract using up the mill, remember were motorbikers 1% ers. **** with it, throw the rag joint on there till you get the adapter. I did after 2 weeks wait, if it was that long.
Yeah the wait sucks, and it's kinda pricey. But... he has the coolest ****! LOL I dont mind the wait, I figured it would be over a month and I have the other bike to ride.

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
Let me know when you get yours, I'll do the same. What date did you order yours?

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
Ok, so I just got off the phone with Karen. I got the same answer I got two weeks ago, it will be done in two weeks!!! I called BEFORE I ordered it, and was told it would be two weeks but could take as long as four. Theres no way anyone has gotten one of these in two weeks, why would they tell people that? WTF I don't mind waiting, BUT I don't like being lied to. She also informed me they only do fifty at a time to cut down on costs??? What cost??? They are all paid for!!! Lets do the math 50x$66=$3300 Manic if your reading this, what you are doing is really cool, and you have some great products, but just be honest with people on wait times. It will work out much better in the long run!!!
ps hope this post don't move me to the back of the list

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Ok, so I just got off the phone with Karen. I got the same answer I got two weeks ago, it will be done in two weeks!!! I called BEFORE I ordered it, and was told it would be two weeks but could take as long as four. Theres no way anyone has gotten one of these in two weeks, why would they tell people that? WTF I don't mind waiting, BUT I don't like being lied to. She also informed me they only do fifty at a time to cut down on costs??? What cost??? They are all paid for!!! Lets do the math 50x$66=$3300 Manic if your reading this, what you are doing is really cool, and you have some great products, but just be honest with people on wait times. It will work out much better in the long run!!!
ps hope this post don't move me to the back of the list
I have explained how production works at the shop so many times that I have come to the conclusion that it was a waste of time. Nobody cares about the "how"...they just want thier order.

Long story made short...you will have to wait until this run is finished to get your parts. If you do not want to wait, I will gladly refund your money so that you can buy an adapter from another source. I'm getting very close to shutting down the "custom" aspect of our business...and produce only a standard set of parts that can be put in inventory for immediate shipment. I have resisted this because I have so many loyal customers that really appreciate the custom one-off machining that we offer.

ps: You are already at the back of the list for this run...which means that you will be at the top of the list when Karen packs them to be shipped!

Jim

Last edited:

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
I have explained how production works at the shop so many times that I have come to the conclusion that it was a waste of time. Nobody cares about the "how"...they just want thier order.

Long story made short...you will have to wait until this run is finished to get your parts. If you do not want to wait, I will gladly refund your money so that you can buy an adapter from another source. I'm getting very close to shutting down the "custom" aspect of our business...and produce only a standard set of parts that can be put in inventory for immediate shipment. I have resisted this because I have so many loyal customers that really appreciate the custom one-off machining that we offer.

ps: You are already at the back of the list for this run...which means that you will be at the top of the list when Karen packs them to be shipped!

Jim
Hey Jim, no way do I want to cancel my order, I'm waiting just not patiently lol. Now don't take this post the wrong way, but i called a few days ago to make some changes to my order (changed from 44 tooth sprocket to 40 tooth and made sure that you know I'm running a thinner chain on my grubee kit), and at the end of the call Karen says " ok it'll be there in a couple of weeks". Why is it always " a couple of weeks"?

Last edited:

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois

Jim
I also wanted to add that I think I AM one of your loyal customers. I love your products, and have ordered your intake (which is awesome!) and hub adapter. And,I'm sure I'll be ordering more in the future.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hey Jim, no way do I want to cancel my order, I'm waiting just not patiently lol. Now don't take this post the wrong way, but i called a few days ago to make some changes to my order (changed from 44 tooth sprocket to 40 tooth and made sure that you know I'm running a thinner chain on my grubee kit), and at the end of the call Karen says " ok it'll be there in a couple of weeks". Why is it always " a couple of weeks"?
Q: Why does Karen always say it will be a couple weeks?

A: Because it sounds better than "When the sun goes supernova and the moon turns red" :D

We honestly don't have an accurate answer to that question! We're not lying...In a perfect world the turn-around time of 2-weeks is more than enough to get the parts made.

Case in point:

Last weekend, the thrust bearing in the vise that is on the CNC went CRUNCH. The machine was down for 4 days. We work 6-7 days per week. We had planned on working Sat & Sun last weekend in order to catch up a little bit. The vise crapped out Saturday morning...I ordered the bearing Monday, it came in Tuesday...4 days of production lost.

Wednesday, a short in the electrical box on the air compressor tripped the main breaker for the entire shop. It took several hours to find...and fix.

We manufacture the parts we sell...In order to justify making them for a reasonable price we make them in batches of 50. Sometimes we get 50 orders within a 2-week period. One month is typical, so the first person to order at the beginning of a batch will have to wait, and the last person to order will not have much of a wait at all. Unfortunately it has to be this way. You guys set the precedent early on...you all want parts cheap!!!

What I can do to make everyone happy is double the price and make the parts in smaller batches.

The livefast adapter that fairracing linked to is $65.00 and is not custom made to each customers' hub. At $65.00 I could make them in batches of 10-20 instead of 50.

I think the hobby is growing to the point that maybe I should not be "thinking" price anymore. Maybe customers are willing to pay for all of the nonsense that is typical in business these days.

I think I will do a poll in the general discussion.

If price is no longer the main concern, I will adjust my prices accordingly and you guys will be able to get your parts quick!

Jim

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
My cousin said he ate at a restaurant in Vietnam when he was on leave.

On the wall it said " Good food takes time to prepare. Yours will be ready in ten minutes"

When I wait for something, I think of that saying.

Steve.