Green Weenie MP Felt Build

GoldenMotor.com

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Recieved my bike today; let the fun begin.

Thinking about using the Halcyon front fork or the Spooky Tooth Monark Springer. Still deciding about using either the HS 49cc four stroke or Morini engine (loving the kick start).

Will be using front & rear drum brakes, Manic Mechanic Sprocket & Adapter set-up and tank from Ghents.

I am sure there will be other bits to ponder down the road.

Now I need to get my hands on a metal cutting chainsaw for radical surgery without a license.

Attachments

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Felts are a good starting point :)
can't wait to see what you do with this one :)
good luck with your build Steve, if you need any help/advise, give me a ring ;)

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Bill,

You know I will. You have been a wealth knowledge and have inspired me to go for it.

When she is all done, I look forward to crusing with you.

Steve

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Well have started to make some progress and mkistakes.

The tank I was going to use doesn't really lineup right (will use on another build later).
So using a generic tank disguised in a canvas ammo bag. Made a battery box for the rear running/tail light.

Do to budget constraints put the Morini engine on hold and am using a HS 4 Stroke for now. Decided to go with front disc brake, instead of drum brake so I can keep the original front wheel.

When I get the sprocket & adapter from Jim will start moving out on this build.

Attachments

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
.shft.I appreciate all who posted. Your advice lead me in the right direction.

I considered the shif kit, however, since I have a 4 Stroke SBP would not work for me; and NuVinci is out of my price range.

Ordered a clamshell adapter from LiveFast (turns out they are located about 15 miles from home).

Should have this puppy up and running soon.

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Terry,

Recieved clamshell adapter; very well made product, however, the large size will fit up to 1.5 inch hub. My hub is 2 inch.

As you made me aware, Jim is making one for your MP Felt. I will call him Monday to place an order.

Thanks for making aware of this revelation.

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Dan,

Thanks for the much needed thumbs up. This rascal has had it moments; but the small amount of set backs makes it worthwhile. It's all about the fun & the ride. Hoorah!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Outstanding. I have faith in ya and know you will build some thing great. The set backs, OSheets and hair pulling is just part of the fun. When She is humming down the road, "Job well done" and on to the next!

Knock out a great one!

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I am waiting on the disc brake kit and Jim's adapter/sprocket setup. Once I get these crucial parts, I will be off and running. Can't wait for the first test flight.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm diggin' it a lot (^)

I've had a coupla vintage mil vehicles over the years and have a fondness for OD and that ol' canvas & leather smell so I might be biased lol

That "hidden" tank came out really well!

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Bill,

As soon as it's ready, I will be heading for Fountain Hills to cruise with you. I would not have had a clue where to start with build without your help and advice.

Steve

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Do you know of anyone that has tried one of the halcyoncycleworks Front Forks? Just wondering how they work, they look KOOL

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Curtis,

Sad to say; after many attempts via e-mail, I have heard nothing from Halycon. Even tried getting a phone listing; no luck. I have heard that he lives in the Phoenix metro area, which is were I live.

My assumption is he no longer is in business or does not sell to the public. If you have better luck, let me know, I would like to buy the frame/tank & fork.

Also, if you are considering a Felt MP for a Springer fork you might want to consider another bike. I was told that since the it is threadless no such application is available for springer forks without major modifications.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hey 2dawgs
How are you making out with getting that last few pieces of your MP puzzle together I know one thing if I did not modify the stock 50 tooth I would not have even got to try out mine. I really like the canvas fuel tank you came up with. I also like the bags on the back I really need to find some for my MP it gives it that certain look. Here is a cool looking pic I found on the net looks just a little familiar
WLA-42%20Left_small.jpg
Too bad you couldn't get the front end you wanted that would have really made it look old time one thing about that is you can certainly do that down the road. I just want to crit one thing with the 4G kit there is no need to to use a chain idler but I love the one you are using but at $175. that could have bought you a front end or disk brake set up.
Any how I love what you have done two thumbs up my man
Cheers
Terry

Last edited: