DAX Titan 50cc on Golden eagele belt?

GoldenMotor.com

KamAlli83

Aug 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hi I'm just wondering if it would be possible to Use the 50cc Dax titan engine on the golden eagle belt drive kit? I e-mailed dax to ask what size clutch the engine comes with they said "The Dax Titan clutch is for gear boxes or drive systems with a 78mm bell." Now when I go to golden eagles website to order the kit it asks what size clutch I want, a 53mm or 76mm clutch. Is there an incompatibility issue here, or It is possible? I plan to get a Reebok Titan 21 speed Aluminum dual suspension bike and having the golden eagle belt system with the titan 50cc 4 stroke engine mounted on the rear of the bike....

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
There is no incentive for Dax or GEBE to respond positively to your question. But I believe that what you are asking about is very doable. But be aware that when you go into a project like you describe you are pretty much on your own and won't be getting help or support from either Dax or GEBE

ocscully

KamAlli83

Aug 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Well does this mean that the clutch that comes with the engine is 78mm and that I would have to get some sort of adapter of such for it to work? Which clutch size should I select when ordering the GEBE kit?

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
The gearing isn't right. The GEBE if I'm not mistaken gets it's gearing from the large ring on the wheel and I believe there's either no gearbox on the engine or the gearing is like 3:1 but don't quote me on that.
The DAX set up is a 5:1 gearbox allowing the 36 to 48 tooth gearing on the wheel.
So if you would mate a DAX engine to a GEBE drive you would end up with way slow speeds.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Kam, The Titan 4 Stroke Will Bolt Up To The Golden Eagle With No Problem (76mm Clutch Shoes = 78mm Clutch Drum). I Have Been Thinking About It. The Main Worry Is If The Belt Will Stand Up To The Power, May Shear Off The Cogs. Also It May Be To Much Torque For The Nylon Wheel Pulley (sheave). Just Call Them And Ask. Its A Direct Drive, No Gear Reduction Needed. You Could Build A Belt Drive Using The Whizzer Rear Wheel Pulley That Bolts To The Spokes. You Would Have To Stay Closr To A 1" Dia. Engine Pulley, Maybe A Bit Larger With The Titan 4 Stroke. You Would Also Need A Spring Loaded Belt Tensioner To Keep As Much Belt In The Small Pulley As Possible (to Prevent Slipping). The V Belts Would Stand The Punishment With Ease. I Will Post Pics Of How I Have Made A Cheap Clutch Bell Set Up. Better Yet You Can Buy The Bell With Clutch Drum And Double Bearings And 1/2" Shaft For About $69. From Staton. The Black One, Type A. The Red Unit Is For The 49cc Tecumseh Engine And The 25cc Engines with the 54 mm clutch. most Of The Engines Use The 78mm Centrifical Clutch, Except The China Girls. The Whizzer Pulley With The Clips Is A Bit More Money. I Bought A Whizzer Pulley 59 Yrs Ago For $3.25. They Are More now!! Lol. But Also Improved. Hope This Helps The Golden Eagles Are Great With The Smaller Engines. Ron . cvlt1

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Kam, When You Add Up The Parts Cost, Then A Person May Want To Compare The Dax/scooterguy Shift Kit For The Titan. It Mts Up High By The Handle Bars. I Like The Setup. Then You Have A 7 Speed Or What Ever Your Rear Cassette Is. A Good Way To Get A Shifter Bike With The Titan Eng. I Have 3 Titans And Am Happy So Far. A Belt Drive Would Be Cleaner (no Oil) And Quieter. I Guess We Need I Of Each. Its Hard To Beat The Cost Of A Happy Time Build. It Gets Harder And Harder To Make A Decision!! Lol. Ron