muffler for morini engine?

GoldenMotor.com

jg767

May 28, 2008
I'd like to showm pics but I don't know how to upload pics from my computer to this thread.I beleve you can get the pipe and muffler for under $200. The shipping is reasonable and he ships it right out. Excellent srvice, my two orders were both delivered in 2 or 3 days. It's nice to know that I can just call Herdan and get any Morini part I need. That means a lot when you're depending on these little motors to get around!

jg767

May 28, 2008

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
That's a gorgeous pipe. Will it fit on your MB or will you need to twist the pipe?
I hope you have better luck with that ignition. We played around with the ignition with the black box and couldn't get the motor to rev up like the 5.8hp style ignition without the black box.

Last edited:

jg767

May 28, 2008
Well I believe the 9.4 should hit around 14000rpm according to specs. Mabe you had a bad box? I intend to run the pipe right through the front downtube. As it is, the pipe and silencer fit the frame and motor very well. A little welding and we're home free.

Emerica

Feb 1, 2008
What did the pipe cost you, I'll need to probably order for the 3.2 once I'm moved and have the cash. Does the silencer work well, mine with the sbp pipe is crazy loud :)

3.2hp engines is more than enough for a normal bike for anyone looking for a morini to replace a china engine. (s6e)

jg767

May 28, 2008
Here is a picture of a SBP silencer side to side with the Morini silencer. I have not used either yet but the difference in size and quality is like night and day. The Morini is four times the size of the SBP. That should translate into a much more effective silencer. The pipe and silencer cost me under$200. I considered the 3hp and the 5.8hp but I figured it was worth the extra money for the 9.4 because the clutch is a 3-shoe as opposed to a 2-shoe, it has a better carb for more power to haul my 235lb.,and there is no big weight difference http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12158&stc=1&d=1251167122between motors. BTW, what's a normal bike?laff

Attachments

Emerica

Feb 1, 2008
Normal bike is a just a cheap sub $200(ish) store bike or or recycled bikes that haven't been rebuilt well. I'm sure the clutch is a good advantage in pickup, and the weight is more than me forsure. Just seems a little much, how many teeth on your rear sprocket?

The 3.2 s6e has more power than any of the ht engines I have with a 44tooth, so for people rebuilding a china bike or wanting to start with quality I'd suggest going with the 3.2 and spend the cash you'd spend on more hp, on a good quality bike.

Ez's vids with the 5.4 or 6.4 (not sure) show crazy speeds even uphill and I think he said he changed to an even larger sprocket.

Thanks for the cost info, don't want to bother them yet until i can afford it, didn't see it listed on the site.

jg767

May 28, 2008
The good thing about these Morini motors is they are high quality as well as powerful. I'm sure your S6E will run circles around a Happy Time. And perhaps it would be a good candidate for a SBP shifter kit? I'm putting on a 48 tooth sprocket on a 29'er. It's the equivalent of a 44 tooth on a 26" bike. Should give a nice cruising speed. If money was a concern I would get the S6E but still go for the pipe and silencer, But you should check with Herdan because perhaps they sell a pipe specifically for the S6E, they would know for sure. I do http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12286&stc=1&d=1251425298know that they stock many more parts than they list on the site.

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Ez's vids with the 5.4 or 6.4 (not sure) show crazy speeds even uphill and I think he said he changed to an even larger sprocket.
That's correct. We use a 62 tooth rear sprocket for the trails. A friend of mine who has a 3hp motor on his MB for commuting has one of Pipelyne's pipe with a double silencer with a 44 tooth rear sprocket. It's super quiet because he leaves for work at 5:30am. His bike has over 10k miles on it and it still runs great. It's perfect for flat riding with slight inclines.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
What did the pipe cost you, I'll need to probably order for the 3.2 once I'm moved and have the cash. Does the silencer work well, mine with the sbp pipe is crazy loud :)

3.2hp engines is more than enough for a normal bike for anyone looking for a morini to replace a china engine. (s6e)
Does your Morini start from a dead stop without pedaling and not burning the centrifugal clutch?