Whizzer Battery??

GoldenMotor.com

wadoepotatoe

Mar 18, 2009
Canada
I've just picked up two 1999 whizzers and unfortunately they don't have their batteries. I can not get a hold of these batteries in Canada so I need some specs so I can have the local battery shop make them instead. What are the battery's dimensions? What is the Amperage? Pictures? Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

-Wade.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I had to replace mine recently. The original size wasn't available so I got one that was slightly larger. It fits in the battery box, but the cover presses tightly against the top.
The almost exact replacement is: SLA 1005 it is 1.3 Amp /hour. The original specs are available from Whizzer also.
By the way, the Whizzer doesn't like to keep the battery charged.
Hope this helps. :D
PS: The dimensions for the slightly larger battery are: 3 -5/8" (9.6 cm) long or wide x 1- 15/16" height (5 cm) x 1- 5/8" depth (4.5cm). The battery sits "sideways" in the battery box, its terminals face outboard.
The dimension that doesn't quite fit is the height at 1-15/16", I would suggest 1-13/16" or smaller.
PPS: If you need, I can ship two from here.

Last edited:

David Huff

Jun 15, 2011
Salem,OR
If the battery is charged will the horn and lights work with just the key turned on?
My horn and lights work great on my 2008 Whizzer with the motor running.