splined sprockets

GoldenMotor.com

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
so i've been working of and on with getting a pocket bike motor put on my bike.

noticed a video on youtube showing the CVT transmission for the pocket bikes, and started thinking about getting it.
(this one if your wondering CVT)

now my question is... where can i get different splined sprockets?
the one on the tranny looks to be a #25 (pocket bike chain)

i know dax has a 10t one but not sure if that will work. been searching google for over an hour and havn't found anything yet for different sprockets.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

We don't make splined front sprockets (at least cost effectively) BUT we can make rear sprockets easily....Can your gearing needs be taken care of through a custom rear sprocket?

Andrew

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
Speaking personally, I own one of these CVT arrangments, with a stage wahtever pocket bike motor (almost as bad QC as the HT motors) And you're going to hit a couple of obnoxious snags.

First up, the CVT works really well, but it reverses any input rotation. So you have to mount the motor 'Backwards' to get it to spin a wheel the direction you want. This would be fine if it output on the left side, but that isn't the case.

So here's #2: You will now need to run power to the right hand side of the wheel. This isn't easily done. I solved the problem the same way Neat Times did, with a seperate freewheel, sprocket, Bottom bracket bearing cup, and single speed freewheel. All that fits in the same space as a standard freewheel cluster on a mountain bike.

This limits your mounting options signifigantly. On top of that, the little pocket bike motors need basic cleanup and port chamfering. Also, the backwards rackmount complicates exhaust system choices.

Good luck on finding the right sized sprockets though!

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
that's exactly what i'm looking for!

Speaking personally, I own one of these CVT arrangments, with a stage wahtever pocket bike motor (almost as bad QC as the HT motors) And you're going to hit a couple of obnoxious snags.

First up, the CVT works really well, but it reverses any input rotation. So you have to mount the motor 'Backwards' to get it to spin a wheel the direction you want. This would be fine if it output on the left side, but that isn't the case.

So here's #2: You will now need to run power to the right hand side of the wheel. This isn't easily done. I solved the problem the same way Neat Times did, with a seperate freewheel, sprocket, Bottom bracket bearing cup, and single speed freewheel. All that fits in the same space as a standard freewheel cluster on a mountain bike.

This limits your mounting options signifigantly. On top of that, the little pocket bike motors need basic cleanup and port chamfering. Also, the backwards rackmount complicates exhaust system choices.

Good luck on finding the right sized sprockets though!
yeah that is a down side... i do have the bb from the shift kit so that does help with getting power through it.