1st Time Newbie Build; Introducing "Black Magic"

GoldenMotor.com

Stinger

Aug 8, 2008
Greetings,

I have just finished my very first build. I am very pleased with the outcome, though I have not yet fired her up. All she needs is oil, gas, and some time to spend with her ... hopefully next weekend. ;)

2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - BikePedia - 2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport Complete Bicycle
Staton EHO35 Friction Kit - Motorized Bicycles Detail Page
Staton Dual Engaging Supports - Motorized Bicycles Detail Page
Staton Twist Throttle - Motorized Bicycles Detail Page
Staton 96oz Tank - Motorized Bicycles Detail Page
Schwalbe Big Apple 26x2.0 - Tires, Schwalbe Big Apple, recumbent/26x2.0, wire, TR5357 @ eBikeStop.com - The online supplier for all your cycling needs...
Q-Tubes Thorn Resistant Tubes - Tubes, Q Thorn Resistant 26" x 1.9-2.125" SV tube 642g, TU6954 @ eBikeStop.com - The online supplier for all your cycling needs...
Stop Flats 2 Liners - Tire Liners, Stop Flats 2, Brown 26 x 2.0-2.125, RS4111 @ eBikeStop.com - The online supplier for all your cycling needs...
Pyramid Alloy Kickstand - Pyramid Alloy Double Bicycle Kickstand
Cloud-9 Suspension Seat - Sunlite Cloud-9 Bicycle Suspension Comfort Saddle, Comfort Gel Men's, Black Emer
Kalloy Guizzo Suspension Post - Parts & Accessories Catalog - AEBike.com
Seatpost Shim - Seatpost Shims, 3.7mm shim, 27.2 seatpost to 30.9, ST0237 @ eBikeStop.com - The online supplier for all your cycling needs...
Motion Pro Motocross Grips - DennisKirk.com - Motion Pro Grips
Scott Grip Stick - DennisKirk.com - Scott USA Grip Stick
Kawasaki Kill Switch - DennisKirk.com - K & S OEM Type Kill Switch

I painted the engine cover with Krylon Fusion (Gloss Black) from walmart, after a 220 grit sanding and a bath. Also sanded and painted is the chrome throttle assembly. I used 1/8" black rubber for for vibration dampening on both sides where the mouting hardware meets the frame. This required longer stainless bolts from the hardware store. The electric wires are good quality black speaker wire (2 wires joined by the side) which was then covered entirely with shrink tubing for added insulation. I also used black latex sealant on the wires to create a joint near the engine as I wanted to run my ground to the motor itself. Black zip ties and black wire harnesses from walmart aided in wire management as can be seen in the photos. Thats it in a nutshell. I expect around 125 miles per tank judging by my weight and experiences from others I have read about. :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Well done mate on your first build, there would be no way in the world I could resist not riding it IMMEDIATLEY on completeion, even if it was 3am in the morning I would be riding around my neighbour hood

Stinger

Aug 8, 2008
Thank you for the kind words!

Sometimes I wish I was located in a suburban subdivision, if that was the case I probably would not have resisted temptation this long. Dangerous highways are a big concern of mine. It looks like I will probably have to load it in the truck and unload it to ride somewhere more appropriate. I am going to familiarize myself with the engine manual right now. :)