Cant seem to get it to run right.

GoldenMotor.com

Bukrub

Dec 12, 2010
Texas
Hey guys. I'm fairly new here. Just installed my 66cc on my bike. It started and ran right away, bit I have to keep it on full choke or a little less. The mixture screw is all the way in. I have tried backing it out in 1/8 increments, but it won't even start unless it is all the way in. I am able to ride it, bit it just spits and spudders and I have to keep feathering the choke. I'm running my break in mixture at 18:1 as per the instructions. Any ideas how to get this thing to run?
Thanks

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Sounds like maybe a fuel restriction. Does your carb have a tickler button?. If ot does, and if you hold it down and fuel doesn.t dribble out in a few seconds, then you got blockage somewhere. If fuel is reaching the carb inlet, then I would check the float valve for debris.

I don't thin The stock carbs for chinagirl engines hafe exterior mixture adj. only idle speed adj.

There id no reason or advantage to running a good air cooled oil that rich.
I use 32:1 for break-in and 40:1 after.

Did you check yout entire exhaust for restrictions? All 3 kits of mine had MAJOR restrictions from large weld beads inside small pipes and large cut off wheel flash at header/muffler joint.
I use a Dremel and carbide bits,and also clean up welds,gaskets and transitons to smooth out induction flows at intake and eshaust ports.

EZ way to open muffler is to put 3/8" rod or bolt in exhaust tube so it don't distort,squeeze it there in a padded vice, and tap the muffler body end joint with a scrap of aluminum or hardwood as a drift .

Wayne Z

Bukrub

Dec 12, 2010
Texas
Yes it has a mixture and an idle screw. I got it home and started messing with it. Took it apart cleaned it up real good, although it is only a day old. I have gas in the bowl. I got it to idle smooth at 3/4 out all the way to 2.5 turns out, but still had to have it about 1/4 choke. settled on 3/4 out. Took it for a ride, made it about 1/4 mile and she started spuddering again, kept it running by feathering the choke. Turned around came back home and it died in the drive way. Now she wont start at all. I notice gas coming out the hose from the bowl. Any help? Thanks

Bukrub

Dec 12, 2010
Texas
ITS FIXED, ITS FIXED. Problem was a kinked vacuum line that ran from the carb to the air filter. Cut the line, put it back, runs like a top. Thanks all.