im intrigued

GoldenMotor.com

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
these morini engines look mighty nice and im considering getting one to replace my ht, but first i need to know several things:

-do these things come with bike mounts, or is there a place to buy them, or do i have to fabricate them myself?

-are they available with a hand clutch or can be easily converted to a hand clutch? most ive seen seem to have centrifugal clutch and i'd much rather have full control of the clutch

-ive got a fully built ht, are there any parts that are interchangeable? can use the same pipe/throttle/chain +sprocket/carb (although if i go through with this ill probably get better carburetor)?

-how much better are the morini than the ht engines? id like to be able to top out around 70km/h and still have good low end torque.

-anything else i should know?

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Tell Sportscarpat you need a set of his custom Morini mounts.

Laser cut, precision folded, stainless steel mounts, a perfect fit everytime. He's making Morini Flyers and his mounts are the bomb. I told him he should sell mounting kits separately, but he's a busy boy, so you might have to twist his arm.

Tell 'em itchybird says he should sell you a Morini mounting kit.

Check his posts, or my posts, for pictures. You will not find better mounts anywhere. A+ all the way, but you gotta weld-em in.

If you spend all that money on a Morini, don't settle on crappy mounts. Do it right.

Rich

ps the centrifugal clutches are better than you think. Plus if you run a centrifugal clutch, it frees up a lever for a real brake. We use drum brake, bolt-on sprocket hubs. They have the perfect offset for Morini motors and will stop on a dime with three cents left over.

Last edited:

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I haven't seen anyone selling a manual clutch for the Morini. Pipelyne also makes brackets. Not as pretty as Sportscarpat but functional with no welding needed. It has front, back and top mounts. I abused my bike and has zero problems. Here's a picture of my first bike before I put my motor on my BoXer frame.

Attachments