Best 4 stroke friction drive engine

GoldenMotor.com

jgm

Jun 12, 2010
Washington
There is lot's of information out there on various engines. I am new to this and looking at my first system. For this post I am specifically looking for the best 4 stroke engine for a friction drive system. 3 engines I am looking at are the Honda, Robin-Subaru and Titan. For the same price as a 33cc Honda or Robin-Subaru I can get a 50cc Titan. On a friction drive system is the extra HP needed or worth it to get the 50cc engine over the 33cc? I don't plan to do any wild riding - just paved roads in fair conditions with only moderate hills and I think I am willing to do some pedaling up hill in exchange for a highter top speed. Is the Titan as reliable and quiet as the Honda and Subaru? My top concerns for the engine are:
1. Reliability
2. Noise - I would like quietness
3. Performance

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
honda and subaru fits your bill perfectly, "BULLETPROOF", as seasoned MBers would attest to.

subaru/ staton kit is 400 ship included.

for me, I just bought the hs 4 stroke 50cc 4g t (honda clone), rear mount, chain driven kit for 279 plus 38 ship.

I couldnt pass up the savings, extra power too. Many seasoned MBers do give high praise - a "very good engine"

good luck! :)

Last edited: