photo gallery...

GoldenMotor.com

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i agree , it be nice to just view some pics without having to scroll through all the garballygoop .

i like the way the gallery on ratrods works , i,m not sure if they could do something like that on this site though .

even if there was a limit of one photo per bike , a gallery would be awsome

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I think it could be done via a link to its own page(s) and let the maybe the moderators fill up the pages. This way, it'd be just strictly for pictures and not for threads and once it was up it wouldn't take too much management, if any at all.

dnut

ducatiluke

Jan 20, 2009
los angeles/ south australia
I think it could be done via a link to its own page(s) and let the maybe the moderators fill up the pages. This way, it'd be just strictly for pictures and not for threads and once it was up it wouldn't take too much management, if any at all.

dnut
yes and an on site picture reasizing program would be nice too
nobody wants to go through all the hasssel of reasizing each time they want to submit a photo

armand

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

OIC - passin' the buck to us eh? o.o

:p

One of the reasons I tout Photobucket so much is how simple and easy it is despite the long-winded tut here: http://motorbicycling.com/f15/how-resize-post-pics-using-photobucket-13551.html Additionally, there's thumbnail tags and whatnot, albums, and all sortsa goodies, resizing is as easy as two mouse clicks. As you can "batch upload" there too it's really what I rely on not only for this site but for all my photo stuff... I've had my (free) account for years now. Much as I dearly love this forum - I do prefer havin' alla my pics in "master" albums so I can just link them wherever/whenever I wanna.

While an on-site resizing prog would be convenient, if it was somethin' easy to add to vBulletin (forum prog) I suspect Paul woulda done it by now. It already does "resize" but unfortunatly only to display - the pic still retains it's full filesize and bogs the connection. If you (or anyone) knows of a plugin for vBulletin- drop Paul (or any mod) a PM about it and we'll see what we can do.

Still - vBulletin isn't particularly well suited for picture gallery type displays, in addition this 'un is limited to a max of five pics per post. Another option would be the ol' bucket again (they really outa sponsor me lol) - grabbin' the links from the forum (you can upload via URL so ya don't need copy them all) ya could dump them all into one album and post the slideshow/gallery link like this;

Rollfast slideshow

fairracing31 has already done some nice vids with youtube;

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/motorbicycling-com-montage-6360.html

And folks have done their best to get as many member's pics as possible, so if ya wanted to - you could go through these and grab the pics, or even start a thread askin' for 'em like they did;

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/post-photo-your-first-mb-15056.html
http://motorbicycling.com/f15/i-want-your-pics-12202.html

It's a good thought and we're open to ideas, if ya come up w/somethin' gimme a shout anytime ;)

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i don,t see that goin over to well bairdco , look at page 3 of ( post pics of your first build ) , its already started .

i,ll tell ya the thing that bugs me most when getting into a good thread .

QUOTES

some people have very long comment with large pics opened up in the comment ,
it drives me nuts that so many times those large 1/2 page replies get ( QUOTED ) , and then there's a little ( lol ) at the end

there's always going to be people who can,t refrain from commenting on other peoples replies . it won,t work

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Sure it will - if you state clearly in the original post that there's "please no posting other than pics" and ask us to keep an eye on it - we'll clean it for ya I'm sure... *shrug* I know I would anyway if ya asked :)

So long as it was politely made clear that posts w/o pics can/will be deleted to keep the thread clean, I've np with that at all. I bet if ya asked for "attachments only" or gave resize specs... that might help too ;)

Last edited:

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK
Sure it will - if you state clearly in the original post that there's "please no posting other than pics" and ask us to keep an eye on it - we'll clean it for ya I'm sure... *shrug* I know I would anyway if ya asked :)

So long as it was politely made clear that posts w/o pics can/will be deleted to keep the thread clean, I've np with that at all. I bet if ya asked for "attachments only" or gave resize specs... that might help too ;)
I agree. Post a disclaimer in the first post that says something like

"All posts that are not just pics will be deleted. If you have a question or comment for a contributor, send them a PM"

Then get the moderators involved to keep it clean.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

We did it for the 'Biker Build Off'. No reason we couldn't do it for a 'photos only' thread.
We could start a thread called simply, 'Photo Gallery' and members could post just their photos. A short comment maybe, or none at all, but no replies to photos. That would work...And we mods would clean it up. I'll volunteer.
Tom

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Ok everyone , we have a photo gallery going now .
There is a link in the photo gallery that will take you to a comment section .

Initially there was some confusion , but i think we have the bugs ironed out now .

ENJOY

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i don,t see that goin over to well bairdco , look at page 3 of ( post pics of your first build ) , its already started .

i,ll tell ya the thing that bugs me most when getting into a good thread .

QUOTES

some people have very long comment with large pics opened up in the comment ,
it drives me nuts that so many times those large 1/2 page replies get ( QUOTED ) , and then there's a little ( lol ) at the end

there's always going to be people who can,t refrain from commenting on other peoples replies . it won,t work

lol.

i know what you mean. if i'm replying to someone above me, i don't need to quote their whole uh, quote.

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Definitely would be nice to have a gallery... especially if you could rate the photo, so you could sort by popular opinion.... praise the best, and give assistance to the others.... and get tons of ideas