Dust cap mod question

GoldenMotor.com

Mo'Beffah

Mar 17, 2010
Hawaii
So I took the dust cap off to shave it to make the stock sprocket fit, but the sprocket still doesn't slide over the hub. Is it supposed to go over and sit flush with the spokes? Mine didnt come with instruction manual so trying to figure this out. If it does need to sit flush over the hub can I just shave a millimeter or two around of the sprocket to make it work? Anyone know where I can at least read the manual? I'm sure I can figure it out bit I also wanted to learn about a motor at the same time. Thanks for all the help. Appreciate it.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you can enlarge it accurately do so. I will be pretty much flat on the spokes with the rubber washer between the spokes and the sprocket once tightened if that helps.

Mo'Beffah

Mar 17, 2010
Hawaii
I can't really enlarge it accurately. The shops ove here won't work on hardened steel. It just needs a millimeter or two tops. Any ideas to get that little play?

Mo'Beffah

Mar 17, 2010
Hawaii
I found a place this evening that will do it for me on a lathe. So that's cool. One more ques. If anyone else reads this... The tank I got with the kit
has a lot of rust residue inside. Big prob? Any quick fix's?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Throw in a handful of change, nuts and bolts, aquarium gravel, or even a small bit of chain and a little kerosine and shake it around. Then once you get the crud out, use an inline filter....the auto parts stores have them pretty cheap.

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
I found a place this evening that will do it for me on a lathe. So that's cool. One more ques. If anyone else reads this... The tank I got with the kit
has a lot of rust residue inside. Big prob? Any quick fix's?
I've had good results by using a pack of BB's, that you can buy at WalMarts
or any place that sells BB guns. Like BikeGuy Joe says, just add a few ounces
of kerosene and shake the sh*t out of it for 3 or 4 minutes,or longer if necessary.