Honda 2:1 Reduction Gearbox w/clutch

GoldenMotor.com

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
I haven't been able to find out a whole lot about the unit so far. I purchased one on Friday but haven't actually received it yet. Its supposed to be a slightly used one and it needs a motor with a 22mm output shaft. I've found some references to the unit on a 4-cycle go-karting forum and have learned that the unit is what I would call heavy 11lbs? and at least half of that weight was said to be rotating. One poster on the sight I found said he had tested a motor with and without the reduction unit on a Dyno and with out the reduction unit the motor had 12.5hp and with the unit only 9.5hp?
That seems to me to be a pretty serious loss of hp taken up in the reduction. Someone responded that he had been able to get the go-karts at the track he worked at to turn lap times of within .2 sec. of each other, with and without the reduction unit by changing the oil bath inside the unit from the recommended 30 wt. oil to a mixture of one teaspoon of "Mystery Oil" and a half a cup of Kerosene?
Most of the information I've found have been from Karting Sources. The exploded drawing came from a British Kart supplier, the offer the outside shaft seals for the input and output shafts and the gasket for sealing the two halves of the case. The photo of the motor with the unit attached came from Small Engine Warehouse. I have found only one source so far that actually sells them and that's NR Racing another Karting supplier here in the states and when they have them available the get $275.00 for them.

ocscully