• 2 Stroke

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 4 Stroke

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Thanks Steve. I have checked out the work the Sportsman Flyer people have done. It's great they have been paving the way, the work they have done will be a huge help to those who follow. I need to spend more time studying the rules and what the sanctioning body will want too see. We will most likely build a frame in house. We have built an FSAE Formula car frame, a Ducati engined motorcycle and countless race bicycles. I have in my head something for the CG engine layout and my dream is to get that safe/legal and run that motor on the salt.
FSAE? Which school & year(s)?

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
FSAE was University of Arizona. Worked with them in 2010 and 2011 if I remember correctly. I was just going to coach their driver at first then looking the car over. Well it's a long story ha ha but i ended up more as a technical advisor than anything else.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Well it looks like I secured a rider for Bonneville. He is 5'6" and 135lbs so is substantially lighter and more aero than me. He rode pro bmx and a couple seasoms of motocross so should do well at tucking way in and holding the throttle wide open. I would like to go out there, break the record myself then put him on the bike to break my record. Then i sat down with my list of potential sponsors to call and wondered why no one was answering, ugh it's Saturday.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
The old trusty Garmin Edge 305. I will figure out how to get a film clip with the GPS visible. Accelerated past 40 today and had a touch more but was not in a good place for it. I am going to order at least a 36 tooth next check, I know this thing is really winding out with the 44 tooth and I don't want to throw the connecting rod out on the street just yet.