finaly posting some pics of my jag

GoldenMotor.com

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
yea i installed the front a few months ago and just got around to doing the rear 2 days ago it needed a little fab work for chain clearance other than that i am working on getting down to the hardware store to get the bolts for my rear rack to i can install it and some leather bags my dad took off his Harley FXDCI

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
thanks im going to strip it all down at some point and paint it all so its not a hodge poge of colors and shades
Just a suggestion, you do what you think looks good cause that's all that matters.

Paint the engine along with the rest. It brings everything together and blends nicely.
No need for high temp paint on the engine case. Whatever you paint the bike with will work just fine. I usually don't paint the cylinder or cylinder head but I have and the paint was not compromised by the engine heat, even close to the exhaust manifold.

Tom

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
the engine will be black thats why i ordered it in color i like the black and crome the rest might go a combination of blue and silver semi stock colors with my own flair

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
lots of carnage i cracked the frame and broke the bolts in the front mount spent the last 2 days fixing it and doing mods now she has a Chevy orange motor (i will do over at some point doesn't photograph well) and all new cables and a new chain and mostly new hardware. going to finish her up and go for a ride tomorrow :) :-||

Attachments

shellshopexotics

Mar 7, 2011
Safety Harbor Florida
Great build it is already a beautiful bike can't wait to see it with the paint and saddle bags. People will comment about the saddle bags and how they add to the look. I get complements on mine every time i have it out.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
shellshopexotics: thanks i hope to get them on today but i need to find the hardware for it the supplied bolts are nice quality but are to small.:( will find others i have alot of clutter to look through to find some and if my bike parts box dosent have what i need my elcamino parts or ace hardware will just need one to know the threads:)

flotsamm: the motor broke loose i dont know how it cracked the frame but it did a little stick welding and it seams good as new i hope it will be good to go now