Looking for Felt Cruiser 26" wheels

GoldenMotor.com

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
Thanks for the link, but these are unfortunately not the black rim, black spoked high flange versions that are on the 1903. Plus when I wrote Felt, they said they would not take the actual order. I was hoping to buy them off of somebody for less than the $200 or so they are asking for the wheelset. Maybe somebody who is taking the wheels off their 1903 to build drum wheels? Anyone?

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Thanks for the link, but these are unfortunately not the black rim, black spoked high flange versions that are on the 1903. Plus when I wrote Felt, they said they would not take the actual order. I was hoping to buy them off of somebody for less than the $200 or so they are asking for the wheelset. Maybe somebody who is taking the wheels off their 1903 to build drum wheels? Anyone?
Sorry to disagree but they are the same set of wheels that come on the 1903 They are available in three colors Black, Red & Silver. The Front Hub is the Hi Flange Felt 5-star see specs. • 50mm wide rim & stainless 12G spokes
• Front double 5 star high polished hub (100mm)
• Rear 1-spd Shimano coaster brake hub (124mm)
• Black, Hi-polished silver or Red
If Felt won't sell them direct then try your local Felt Dealer

ocscully

Clotho

May 25, 2008
While anything is possible I would consider it highly unlikely that you will find anyone willing to part with just the wheels. A Felt dealer or Felt themselves are about your only option. Part of the reason for buying a Felt bike in the first place is the great wheels they come with. I went to great lengths to have my Nuvinci hub built into the Felt rim.

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
Sorry to disagree but they are the same set of wheels that come on the 1903 They are available in three colors Black, Red & Silver. The Front Hub is the Hi Flange Felt 5-star see specs. • 50mm wide rim & stainless 12G spokes
• Front double 5 star high polished hub (100mm)
• Rear 1-spd Shimano coaster brake hub (124mm)
• Black, Hi-polished silver or Red
If Felt won't sell them direct then try your local Felt Dealer

ocscully
Sorry, but you are incorrect. The wheels that Felt will sell you separately do not have the Large 5 Star alloy hub, they have the crappy low flange chrome hubs like those found on RedB66's new board tracke. I am looking for the actual wheels that come on the 1904.

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
While anything is possible I would consider it highly unlikely that you will find anyone willing to part with just the wheels. A Felt dealer or Felt themselves are about your only option. Part of the reason for buying a Felt bike in the first place is the great wheels they come with. I went to great lengths to have my Nuvinci hub built into the Felt rim.
Not necessarily true. Many are using the Felts just for their frames just to take advantage of the built in tank. They may choose to go with the Worksman or other large gauge drum wheels. Sorry to hear that your wheels took so much work. Sounds like a pricey build. I have been seeing 1903 used for $200-250, so getting wheels should b reasonable.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Not necessarily true. Many are using the Felts just for their frames just to take advantage of the built in tank. They may choose to go with the Worksman or other large gauge drum wheels. Sorry to hear that your wheels took so much work. Sounds like a pricey build. I have been seeing 1903 used for $200-250, so getting wheels should b reasonable.
I just took a peek at all the Felt's I know of and they all had the factory rims on them. I have never seen one built otherwise. Anything is possible I guess but I still think it is highly unlikely. You first posted this a month and a half ago. Any luck?