Just switched to Opti2

GoldenMotor.com

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
Well Map, all I know is that I'm brand new to Chinese bicycle engines and, as such, I'm more than open to any suggestions, comments, experiences, and information in general from everyone here in the Motorbicycling forum. The fact is that there's always something new to learn.

And let me say that I wish there were Internet forums back when I was buying, riding, racing, and working on motorcycles.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well Map, all I know is that I'm brand new to Chinese bicycle engines and, as such, I'm more than open to any suggestions, comments, experiences, and information in general from everyone here in the Motorbicycling forum. The fact is that there's always something new to learn.

And let me say that I wish there were Internet forums back when I was buying, riding, racing, and working on motorcycles.
You are correct about always being something new to learn, I learn new things on this great forum all the time, and it's for sure that Im no expert on these engines or any for that matter, I have learned a good bit about what works best for me and I been building and tinkering on small engines most of my life, had an uncle that own a Yamaha dealership and a granddaddy that own a small engine repair shop that I started getting my diaper pants greasy in as he would sit me in the floor as he worked, im more familiar with much of the older small engine's as far as the common stuff like Briggs and Tehcumsey weedeaters, chainsaws and a few 2 smoker dirt bike engines.

Welcome to this great forum..... and best wishes, a bunch of great people here.

Map
reddd

chris8686

May 2, 2013
Bellingham
Update:

I have run 4 tanks of fuel threw my motor using the opti-2 mixing the 1.8oz packets to 1 gallon of gas. The packets are 100:1 if mixed with 5 liters of gas or 70:1 with a gallon of gas.

We've had really good weather these past few weeks and I've been running my bike daily to work putting 15 miles a day on it. I've just broke 1000 miles on my motor and decided to tear it down partly to check her out.

The exhaust port has almost no carbon buildup other than just a black film. the piston skirt is brown and has a very good oil film built up on it. The piston crown is black and has some carbon built up on it. I have very little black spooge dripping from my exhaust and my bike is staying considerably cleaner than before.

I feel very confident in the 100:1 oils now and will be leaning out my mix and re-doing my jetting to run it at 100:1. After checking out the motor and seeing the obvious oil presence inside it, I no longer have any doubts about opti-2 or amsoil sabre pro. My motor runs awesome and burns clean. My motor runs better and better the more miles I put on it.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i like the pre mix fuels, i do not trust the gas around here !!!

i run 11:1 comp and have to use high octaine gas so ... how can i be shure that when i am pumping 93 i am getting 93 and not being scammed ! you dont know !! also the gas here in the usa where i live is AT LEAST 10% ethanol !!! and full of adidives and heavy metals and probalbly been sitting around in the underground tank for a wile and contaminated with water and dirt and god knows what else !!!

this is why i do not run pump gass !!! i have paid for 93 and gotten 87 before and had to drain my tank ! i knew it was 87 because the motor imidiatly started pinging after filling !!! also our gas here in the us is junk !!!! full of heavy metals ethanol benine and crap !!! its also contaminated from water and whatever else made it in the under ground tank during the last rain storm !!

so it makes no since to me to runn super duper opti 2 oil if your putting it in garbage pump gas, thats like putting chocholate syrup on a turd and calling it a sunday !!

to solve this problem i buy high octaine 40-1 pre mix fuel with NO ETHANOL and no additives other than a stabilizer and synthetic oil designed for air cooled 2 bangers !!!

i use true fuel 40:1 or 50:1 depending on tempature and load...

true fuel is pure gas, 92oct with full synthetic oil mixed 40:1 designed spacificly for air cooled 2 strokes, it also has a stabilizer in it so it wont degrade over time and is garentied to contain no contaminates or heavy metals or ethanol or benzine !!!

this is by far the cleanest fuel and best burning fuel i have ever used !!! there are also other co that make similar fuel EXE... brigs and straton and huskervarna

i mix 32oz true fuel 40:1 with 1oz lucas oil upper cylender lube and 1oz lucas oil octain booster

web page to check it out.
http://www.trufuel50.com/default.aspx

http://www.trufuel50.com/AboutUs.aspx

made in the usa.

you can keep your opti 2 and the garbage pump gas you put it in... lol i will stay with nice clean pre mixed true fuel

yeh its expencive lol but i get true fuel for 4:50$ a quart with my mil discount so its around 10$ to fill my half gallon tank with the cost of oil and booster added in ! but to me its worth it because i know whats in my gas and i know for a fact my octaine rating .

since i have been running this type of pre mix my motor has been spotless ! you can see your reflection on the top of my polished piston dome even after 500 miles of hard riding ! duid you ever think the carbon biuldup might be partly from the contaminated fuel you have been using that was designed for large auto engines ?

Attachments

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
after all that though i will say i do carry around a small old empty bottle of oil filled with a 1.8oz packet of opti 2 and 2 oz of octaine booster and 1 oz cylender lube all mixed up in case of an emergancy when i might need to use pump gas.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
i like the pre mix fuels, i do not trust the gas around here !!!

i run 11:1 comp and have to use high octaine gas so ... how can i be shure that when i am pumping 93 i am getting 93 and not being scammed ! you dont know !! also the gas here in the usa where i live is AT LEAST 10% ethanol !!! and full of adidives and heavy metals and probalbly been sitting around in the underground tank for a wile and contaminated with water and dirt and god knows what else !!!

this is why i do not run pump gass !!! i have paid for 93 and gotten 87 before and had to drain my tank ! i knew it was 87 because the motor imidiatly started pinging after filling !!! also our gas here in the us is junk !!!! full of heavy metals ethanol benine and crap !!! its also contaminated from water and whatever else made it in the under ground tank during the last rain storm !!

so it makes no since to me to runn super duper opti 2 oil if your putting it in garbage pump gas, thats like putting chocholate syrup on a turd and calling it a sunday !!

to solve this problem i buy high octaine 40-1 pre mix fuel with NO ETHANOL and no additives other than a stabilizer and synthetic oil designed for air cooled 2 bangers !!!

i use true fuel 40:1 or 50:1 depending on tempature and load...

true fuel is pure gas, 92oct with full synthetic oil mixed 40:1 designed spacificly for air cooled 2 strokes, it also has a stabilizer in it so it wont degrade over time and is garentied to contain no contaminates or heavy metals or ethanol or benzine !!!

this is by far the cleanest fuel and best burning fuel i have ever used !!! there are also other co that make similar fuel EXE... brigs and straton and huskervarna

i mix 32oz true fuel 40:1 with 1oz lucas oil upper cylender lube and 1oz lucas oil octain booster

web page to check it out.
http://www.trufuel50.com/default.aspx

http://www.trufuel50.com/AboutUs.aspx

made in the usa.

you can keep your opti 2 and the garbage pump gas you put it in... lol i will stay with nice clean pre mixed true fuel

yeh its expencive lol but i get true fuel for 4:50$ a quart with my mil discount so its around 10$ to fill my half gallon tank with the cost of oil and booster added in ! but to me its worth it because i know whats in my gas and i know for a fact my octaine rating .

since i have been running this type of pre mix my motor has been spotless ! you can see your reflection on the top of my polished piston dome even after 500 miles of hard riding ! duid you ever think the carbon biuldup might be partly from the contaminated fuel you have been using that was designed for large auto engines ?

Honestly I say to each there own, anyone is free to waiste their money however they choose......lol!

I run Opti2 mixed with 87 octane pump gas and have several thousand miles combined on my bikes, I will put my pump gas 100:1 Opti2 running high compression 66cc bike up against your premixed fuel runner any day for power speed and reliability, but hey if it makes you happy and you dont mind spending that extra money....8 say what the heck... go for it!

Map reddd

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
I run that stuff now because i have gotten gas full of water, gas full of crud, and i have been ripped off .. given 87 octaine instead of 93 ! I knew it was 87 when after a few miles my motor started detonating! I drained it and filled up with 93 from another station and boom instsnt fix ! The gas where i live is pretty dirty full of water and inconsistant, especialy in the winter with all the snoe runoff and ground water .

That is the sole reason why i switched. If i had a larger motor like say 150cc pluss i would run pump gas or if i had a stock motor yeh pump gas.

Since i switched over my motor has been reving quicker and burning cleaner. My top end is spotless !

And yeh opti 2 is great stuff i used to run it 70:1 mixed with 93 or promix 50:1 mixed with 93 .

I stopped using pump gas when i got ripped of and had to drain my tank of all the 87 they gave me .
At 11:1 uncorrected if i run anything less than 93 i do get detonation and that 87 octain they gave me would have killed my motor if i did not know any better.

I still carry around a packet of opti 2 mixed with 2 oz octaine booser and cylender lube in a small jug in my tool bag though just in case .

Its worth the extra money to me anyway for the piece of mind . And it still only cost me 10$ to ride all week so its not that big of a deal.
The gas where you live may be clean and you may have honest stations so that 100:1 mix might work for you but if i tried that around here i would blow my motor the verry first time i got ripped of and given dirty water laden 87 instead of Clean 93

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I run that stuff now because i have gotten gas full of water, gas full of crud, and i have been ripped off .. given 87 octaine instead of 93 ! I knew it was 87 when after a few miles my motor started detonating! I drained it and filled up with 93 from another station and boom instsnt fix ! The gas where i live is pretty dirty full of water and inconsistant, especialy in the winter with all the snoe runoff and ground water .

That is the sole reason why i switched. If i had a larger motor like say 150cc pluss i would run pump gas or if i had a stock motor yeh pump gas.

Since i switched over my motor has been reving quicker and burning cleaner. My top end is spotless !

And yeh opti 2 is great stuff i used to run it 70:1 mixed with 93 or promix 50:1 mixed with 93 .

I stopped using pump gas when i got ripped of and had to drain my tank of all the 87 they gave me .
At 11:1 uncorrected if i run anything less than 93 i do get detonation and that 87 octain they gave me would have killed my motor if i did not know any better.

I still carry around a packet of opti 2 mixed with 2 oz octaine booser and cylender lube in a small jug in my tool bag though just in case .

Its worth the extra money to me anyway for the piece of mind . And it still only cost me 10$ to ride all week so its not that big of a deal.
The gas where you live may be clean and you may have honest stations so that 100:1 mix might work for you but if i tried that around here i would blow my motor the verry first time i got ripped of and given dirty water laden 87 instead of Clean 93
Sorry to hear you got such bad gas up there, I run Valero or Chevron gas in all my vehicles, I run my china girl engines with the compression really bumped up to the point the rear tire will slide when I release the clutch with my 215lbs on it and I run 87-89 octane with no preignition problems, just the difference in fuel quality that allows me to do that I suppose.

Best wishes and hope you get many thousands of miles on your bike.

Map reddd

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Sorry to hear you got such bad gas up there, I run Valero or Chevron gas in all my vehicles, I run my china girl engines with the compression really bumped up to the point the rear tire will slide when I release the clutch with my 215lbs on it and I run 87-89 octane with no preignition problems, just the difference in fuel quality that allows me to do that I suppose.

Best wishes and hope you get many thousands of miles on your bike.

Map reddd

wow you can run 87 high comp ? no over heating or detonation? holly sh1t !!!

not to offend anyone here but for about 15 miles around my home there is nothing but run down older gas stations run by skeezy middle eastern guys. the clossest reputable gas station that sells lots of fuel so i know there is always new gas and has new pumps and new in ground tanks that are not 50 years old and leaky and full of crud are a good ride from my house the heifners gas station 15 miles from my house even has 105 leaded octaine !!! its just not feasable for me to drive 15 miles to get gas lol by the ime i get there and back i would have used a quarter of the gas i bought lol !!!

NOW I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HALF OF THE SKEEZY DUDES IN MY " HOOD" just put the cheapest sh1ttyest low grade 87 they can get in all the tanks and sell it as 87, 89, 90, and 93 all at once and make a killing off whoever buys the higher grade stuff thinking they are getting good gas.its the biggest scam around here, it was even mentioned a few times on the local news channels and i experianced it for myself. what good would it do me to run opti 2 100:1 if its in the crappyest gas you ever saw LOL like i said putting chocholate syrup on a turd and calling it a sunday ! if that heiffners station was closser i would still be running 70:1 opti 2 93 octaine !

i first noticed it when i bought a gallon of gas and was pouring it in my tank ... i saw tell tale water blobs flowing in and i stopped, this was a brand new gas can from lowes so no way it was in there... i poured some of the gas into a big huge glass mixing bowl and looked at it.... ohh my god !!! it was full of water and was discolored and had flakes of rust in it and little particals floating around !!!! w t f !!! this was suposed to be 93 octaine !!

i repeated this at a few local stations and all the same thing, though some were not as bad as others, but all had discoloration to differant degrees and water contamination to various degrees and all also had particals in it ... only that one had rust flakes. wow how can gas stations get away with this ?

i mean realy how can they get away with this ? id there no system in place to make shure the fuel they sell is up to par and the grade it is supossed to be ?

i am willing to bet that at almost all my local lil gas pits sell 87 as 93 ! i am willing to bet money on it ! the gas from heiffners is a lot clearer and lighter in color and CLEAN no particulates ! the gas from down town joe brown is exactly that .... brown lol

its the sole reason i switched over, i get the piece of mind knowing my gas has no ethanol no benzine no particals or water and its going to be the exact grade it said it is or i get my money back ! its also full synthetic oil mixed 40:1 perfectly and designed for air cooled 2 bangers and its got a fuel stablizer in it so i can keep it as long as i want.

i just dont trust small run down lil gas stations run by middle easterners anymore... srsly pump some gas in a glass bottle and look at it, it should be clean and clear light in color and have a strong smell.

think about it how P O ed would you be if you had a huge diesel truck and you went to the gas station and put 70 gallons of what you thought was high grade low sulfur diesel fuel in and suddenly your only work truck you lively hood depends on started running like crap, and you find out that what you thought was high grad low sulfur diesel was in fact cheap grade 2 home heating oil !!!

this scam happends all the time up here. i hope you all are getting clean gas because in northern mass we dont !

when i get the chances to i do go bring my 5 gal tank up to heiffners and fill it up with GOOD 93oct and mix in opti 2 at 70:1 or pro-mix at 50:1, i am out of the pro mix and only have 3 packets of opti 2 left that i carrie around for emergancy. i would love to be able to keep doing that but eehhh ... i never know when i am going to pass by there and when i do i usualy forget my gas can lol ! so my main fuel has been the true fuel pre mix, they sell it at my work so its covieniant i just pick up 2 bottles once a week on my way out the door and i am done.

if i had clean good gas localy i would run opti 2 at 70:1 with a dash of upper cylinder lube all day long !!!! it is by far the cleanest burning 2 stroke oil and from my exp it lubes better at 70:1 than most other brands do at 32:1 !

wow what a rant ! lol i mean mug the gas station guy as i drive by lol

Last edited: