Another Mad Australian

GoldenMotor.com

sparrow

May 1, 2012
Northern Territory, Australia
Hey guys and girls i just finished assembling my 66cc china consisting of your run of the mill china engine with a RSE billet cylinder head, RSE billet intake Reed valve, ceramic coated piston with the skirt filed down a tad to allow for proper intake flow a Dellorto SHA 16.16 carb i replaced the oil seals for german double lipped seals and the bearings have all been swapped out for high quality japanese bearings.

the intake and exhaust ports were bored out a tad more than factory and majority of the castings were taken away aswell as the crank being milled just a tad to lighten and balance it a little better than factory. the milling of the crank and porting were conducted by rock solid engines i have also replaced every bolt in the whole engine with allen head fasteners and used loctite to fix them in place.

im going to be mounting this to an alloy mountan bike with a SBP Expansion chamber and SBP Jackshaft kit and an 8 speed derailer, ill also try upgrading the clutch pucks to something greater than factory. i plan on also installing an MSD ignition module with 8mm plug cord and an iridium plug for optimum burn.

No cost has been spared building this engine so i hope you guys like it. i havnt mounted it to the bike yet or started it yet but im getting excited about it dance1

i only have a couple of pics of the motor so far but ill post up more as the build progresses
asd.jpg

asdf.jpg

sparrow

May 1, 2012
just some pics of the bike ill be mounting this bad boy to, its a Giant Boulder se with sr suntour forks and novatech wheels, i already half mounted the jackshaft kit to it this morning ill finish it off today or tomorrow and post up some more pics.

this one wont leave my sight as my first build was burnt to the ground by some hater who didnt like my bike. thankfully it was only a $400 bike build, still alot of money but not near what i have spent on the latest build. lets just say i could have got a morini motor for the price i paid building this one :)

Attachments

sparrow

May 1, 2012
i have salvaged what i could from the wreckage but the fire was pretty hot and some parts were destroyed, i ll try to rebuild this one with the china parts i replaced in my other engine and see if i can get it to run again. would be cool if i could get it running again :)dnut

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Man bummer to here you suffered a fire. I hope you recover your losses. That front brake rotor looks like it should be flipped around? I think you got it backwards?

sparrow

May 1, 2012
nah its just a weird design it has a rotation arrow on it so it was installed right, i got the actual bike from the local rubbish dump for $5 but the only thing thats original is the frame and seatpost, everything else i purchased online so its all fresh, basically a brand new bike. im halfway thru installing the engine on it right now but its 34 degrees celsius and the humidity is killing me so i stopped for a quick beer :) more pics to come though

sparrow

May 1, 2012
ok so quick update.

i got the engine mounted to the bike and welded up my sbp expansion chamber, replaced the wires coming from the magneto with a better quality wire and got it running, had issues with the piston contacting the spark plug but with some advice by mind_reader7 i found a plug that works it was an ngk b5hs if anybody was wondering.

i also went and bought myself a fullface helmet because the first ride on this thing was something else.. i can literally feel the power difference over a standard engine even though i didnt even really feed it the beans i just felt it wanted to go places fast.

it sounds really nice on idle and even better once going. very quiet too. much better engine note than a stock china.

Attachments