Black Flying Horse & Boost Induction Kit!

GoldenMotor.com

drez237

Jun 21, 2010
Sand Island, Hawaii
Hey all!

Does anyone have any experience with the Black Flying Horse 66/80cc kit? How is it? Is it better/worse than the Grubees?

Also, what's the deal with these new Boost Induction kits? Are they worth adding? Anyone have pictures of it installed on their bikes?

I was thinking of putting the Flying Horse engine & boost kits together. Any advice / opinions on this matter?
.wee.
Or maybe I'll just get a Grubee Skyhawk angle fire slant head 66/80cc kit, since it seems to have the best reviews.

Help please....

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
I don't know about the Grubees or Boost Induction (sounds like a boost bottle just do a search here) but my black Flying Horse runs great. I've only had it together for a couple weeks but so far so good. Fair warning though if you get a black kit look at the exhaust port and make sure its not painted. If it is its most likely like mine was. Everything but the cylinder wall was painted with that ceramic paint they used on the outside, but that may have just been a mistake on mine. It may not cause problems but I doubt that paint in the engine wont help with premature failure. I wouldn't get a black kit if you don't want to or don't feel comfortable doing a port and polish on a new engine. Just get a silver and paint it whatever color you want once you have it tuned up and running right.

As for the brand debate just get what you can afford. From reading a lot of posts on this forum it seems no matter what brand you get your gonna run into problems along the way. I think the main rule with these engines is if your not much of a mechanic and/or don't want to learn then don't get one.

drez237

Jun 21, 2010
Sand Island, Hawaii
Thanks for the tip on the exhaust, Stormsorter! Painting a silver engine was another option I was gonna explore... you happen to know what kind of paint I should use?

I agree, the brand debate seems to be a moot point. Maybe an American company can start manufacturing high-quality engines & import cheaper Chinese labor! Or maybe not... just a thought~

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
If you got the money and ingenuity get a Moroni. They don't come as a kit though, just the engine. So you would have to make your own mounts and stuff. There are several options for motors its just that these little china 2strokes are cheap and come with everything to put on a bike. I suggest reading This Post before you buy. Most companies outsource to other countries for cheaper labor. If there is ever an American one it will be someone like Jim making one at a time and probably wont be cheap but well worth it.

As for paint I think someone said they just use any decent brand with no problem but you can find several colors of high heat paint at most autoparts stores and even places like wallyworld. As for painting it, leave it together, put in a junk plug and tape over or put something in the ports. You don't want paint in the engine and you don't want to paint it tell your sure you don't need to send it back for some reason. Just remember paint will make it run a bit hotter so you might not want to paint it if you live somewhere that its hot all the time.

Last edited:

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I know a guy who has a silver flying horse and he thinks it's just the greatest. I was planning to order a black one this week or next and I would be very interested to see if anyone else has had this paint issue with a black flying horse.

Also, if you want to paint an engine look for engine enamel, it is specially made for painting engines. There is also paint for header pipes and barbecue grills that would do the job. I used the grill paint on my exhaust and it holds up quite well.

drez237

Jun 21, 2010
Sand Island, Hawaii
Gonna have to stick with the China gals for now. My 1st build... gonna take it easy for now. I suspect somewhere down the line I'll go nuts and spend more $$$ on other projects.

Thanks for the tips on Painting!

MeatCarcass

Aug 24, 2010
New Orleans
Im assembling this particular engine kit for the other delivery guy here at work, and im just now noticing that it doesnt tell you the gas/oil ration anywhere in the instructions. also, the kills witch wires are not black and blue like the ignition coil, instead one wire is green, and the other is red/yellow. the wiring isnt hard to figure out, but it would be confusing for beginners. if someone knows the oil ratio for these engines, lemme know...

TheRealDune

Aug 2, 2013
Las Cruces,NM
Im assembling this particular engine kit for the other delivery guy here at work, and im just now noticing that it doesnt tell you the gas/oil ration anywhere in the instructions. also, the kills witch wires are not black and blue like the ignition coil, instead one wire is green, and the other is red/yellow. the wiring isnt hard to figure out, but it would be confusing for beginners. if someone knows the oil ratio for these engines, lemme know...
How did you end up setting up wiring?