Would like some info....

GoldenMotor.com

Teach

Jun 24, 2009
Storrs, Connecticut
Hi Everyone,
Have been perusing and have a couple of questions.....
Grubee seems to be the chief supplier of china gurl motors. Are there others? What is a Raw engine...? Is there a new model available that's more reliable?
I see several posts supporting springer forks...who makes best and at what cost?
I've seen several different jack shaft/transmission arrangements.....does this make sense for cost/benefit?
Would like some input about 49cc and so called 80cc engines...listed on some sites at same price.
How would local gendarmes know if it were a 49cc or a larger motor that looks the same?
Does anyone do a low ball electric spray paint....finish.I've seen school lockers done this way with a durable finish. I think they had a transformer that provided a negative charge attracting the paint.
Any and all thoughts welcome.
Teachcvlt1

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hi Everyone,
Have been perusing and have a couple of questions.....
Grubee seems to be the chief supplier of china gurl motors. Are there others?
Yes, a lot of others, all come from the same factories in China, with very little difference. Grubee has a couple of different things about the carb, ect. but still the same engine basicly.

What is a Raw engine...? Just another variation. Is there a new model available that's more reliable? Nope.

I've seen several different jack shaft/transmission arrangements.....does this make sense for cost/benefit? Nothing but good reviews on the SBP jackshaft kit.

Would like some input about 49cc and so called 80cc engines...listed on some sites at same price.
How would local gendarmes know if it were a 49cc or a larger motor that looks the same?
They won't
Does anyone do a low ball electric spray paint....finish.I've seen school lockers done this way with a durable finish. I think they had a transformer that provided a negative charge attracting the paint.
Any and all thoughts welcome.
Teachcvlt1
Sorry, can't help with the other questions...

Teach

Jun 24, 2009
Storrs, Connecticut
Thanks BikeGuy Joe... You've been a big help...here and with my last-first post.
I really like your bi-line.......I tend to mess with stuff too long and break it...even if it ain't broke! Any thoughts on Springer Forks..???
Teach

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I will dip myself in hot water for this- I don't like springers.

Here's why.

There are some really bad ones out there, and they tend to loosen up and even have had tubing failures due to extremely poor "craftsmanship". If you can find a truly good one, post it here and explain what makes it high quality and funtional.

If you want front suspension, look to the mountain bike forks.

I DO love the way a springer looks...