Gas Tank For O.C.C.

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I have been slowly working on my Schwinn O.C.C. Bike. I didn't like the way the kit tank looked setting at the steep 30 degree angle of the frame. I still had some pieces of thick wall aluminum tubing laying around from back in the day when I used to make printing press rollers.
After a few hours (Don't do this unless you are retired) of machining it is going to make a pretty decent tank. I even put a small sight plug in the top so I wont over fill it. I learned that from the first one I made. I used a large ball end mill on the bottom to get the radius of the frame tube.
Even has the correct old O.C.C. logo. Holds about one quart, plenty for an old retired rider.

John

Attachments

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Looks great john! You just need to build a complete frame and all. Its obvious you have the skills and the time!

Cookie

Jul 3, 2008
WOW that is awesome I have been looking for a tank like that I was looking at the old brass fire extinguishers on ebay and converting one of those but you tank looks great.
How much will it hold and what is the empty weight????? I have been toying with making a board racer type bike once I can find a frame I can work with I cannot afford to buy a 08 frame even though I work 2 jobs (thank you Mr. President).

Cookiexct2