Sprocket Installation With coaster brake

GoldenMotor.com

>ScCruisin<

May 29, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
I had to replace my rear wheel after a loose tensioner bent some of my spokes. I'm trying to install the sprocket onto my new wheel, but I keep getting confused on how to keep the coaster brake working and where the small metal piece comes into play (the squarish roundish one the goes over the axle, kinda shaped like this (_) .) The only tutorial i found was for a bike without a coaster brake, so could someone explain in detail or post some pictures on how this thing is assembled? Thanks

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I think the Spooky Tooth tutorial covers coaster brakes. All you have to do is register on the site. They don't spam you, they just want you to sign up.

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
The easyest way to mount your sprocket to you wheel is to use the sprocket adaptor and sprocket made by Jim the manic Machanic. You can call him and tell him what you have and he will send it to you . Here is a picture of one of the adaptors on a coaster brake wheel. I have bought three from Jim and would not use the stock rag joint after useing this set up.

Attachments

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I hope the wretched thumbnail shows what I think it does. A cylinder of ally with the I.D. of the brake hub split and 4 Allen head screws clamping it to the hub with milled recesses.. 3 small cylinders with allen flatheads recessed into the sprocket to secure the sprocket. I have used this on 3 bikes so far. The sprocket hole usually has to be enlarged so the brake arm has room to pass through, maybe with a bit of zee bend. When you click on it go ahead and hit ctl + to get it big enough to see detail.

Attachments