GoldenMotor.com

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Ok first things first grab ur cns carburetor
Place it in a vice preferably one firmly attached to a bench
walk over to your tools and find your favorite destructive tool
walk back to your cns carburetor or as id like to call pos carburetor
Begin pounding drilling burning smashing carburetor til u feel better about purchasing the kit in the first place
then go online order urself either an nt carb an nc carb a dellorto carb or a speed carb all these carbs will work amazing and r roughly $40 tops

Now if your like me and poor cant afford a different carb then u can sit on here all day and night troubleshooting your carb just like i am

If anyone could check and answer my help gunna snap thread about the scraping sound id appreciate it

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
With a little bit of searching you can find new NT carbs for around 12-15 bucks, for the money it's the simplest, most reliable carby ever offered for these things. There's really little to no preformance difference between it and the "speed" carb, but the speed has the problematic banjo fitting & secondary fuel shutoff on it - which as it's internals are plastic/nylon (and small ports), it doesn't take well to the ethanol content in today's fuels and will leak/clog eventually.

All of the more advanced carbs are going to be somewhat more complicated... whether or not the extra money will solve your problems isn't guaranteed, if you don't like diddling with carbys I'd defo reco the NT.

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Nt that's what im hearing but im literally poor this is my way to work i purchased the kit from kingsmotorbikes.com it was a 2011 grubee skyhawk gt5 worst decision of my life i hear there amazing engines but not with this cns carb they need to go back to shipping em with the nt and making sure the parts measures properly cuz i've seen a lot of issues since i've been building this bike with things just not quite fitting right i've basically fabricated my own intake tube and clutch gasbikes.net and kingsmotorbikes.com probably one of the worst sites to order from plus customer service don't care i ordered my engine 2 weeks ago and received it last friday since then i've made numerous phone calls ( which doesn't matter cuz they don't take messages ) and i've emailed them numerous times isn't there a law against not returning customers calls n emails especially when the products still under warranty. All in all

Kingsmotorbikes.com sucks along with there crapy cns carbs

Everyone with me now we want nt's back in the kits

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
go to thats dax. theres a link to his site on the edge of the page. he has nt carbs cheap. as for your grinding sound, take off all your engine covers and look to see whats rubbing, you'll either need to make an extra gasket to space the covers out further or grind off a little metal in the spot thats rubbing. as for tuning the cns carb it will probably cost as much to do as just buying the nt carb. they run way to rich for these engines. also the so called cadilitic converter in the exhaust pipe dosen't help either, best to gut it, will run much better without it. the new reality for these kits is your going to need to buy another carb and exhaust or mod the exhaust to make them run right. i just bought a bunch of carbs from dax so i'll have them on hand. i;m sure the pipe and carb a part of the package needed to pay off the epa for sales in the US, to bad they don't work and make the kit useless. grubee is about the only kit you can get now, sad to say.

Reactions: BenchDweller

T-lo

Feb 8, 2012
Orange Park
maaaaaannn. i just got my new cns carb (the one where you can't adjust the air screw) running pretty good and it broke in two. I called Gasbikes dot net 100 times but they didn't answere the phone. so i called the ordering number and said
"HEY! THIS THINGS BROKE!"
and he said "we don't warrenty the carb, just the engine. too bad"
i went back down the the cns v2 carb with the red cover, can't get my engine running. Noone seems to know what's wrong with it. I hate this cheap chinese crap! it's like they make things on purpose that don't work or fit together and send you a few extra lock washers like that's going to fix it. -so mad

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
T-lo i have the same cns carb except not broken in to if u look on the throttle pin it should have 4 notches mine has one its such a ridiculous design n waste of metal unless ur like a super mechanic n have micro drill bits and extreme knowledge of carburetors these new cns carbs r like taking a hand full of mechanics giving them n nt carb n telling them make this part as complicated and touchy as possible it also don't help that the chinese cant make anything that'll last more then n hr

T-lo

Feb 8, 2012
Orange Park
T-lo i have the same cns carb except not broken in to if u look on the throttle pin it should have 4 notches mine has one
i got this kit early feb. and this needle has one clip mark. i made another one, but set it back to the top when i figured out what i was doing. AAAAHHHH!!!!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I hate to be the one to tell you but you may have to do the same to a nt , or any other carb you buy. These carbs are set up at what I think is on the lean side, on my bike with the nt that was bought in july 2011 the main jet was at a #72 drill bit size. I drilled it to a #71 and greatly improved the performance. As with my other bike with the cns2 I may have to go at little bigger as this engine gets more miles on it.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I find all this bashing of the CNS carb kind of ridiculous. I knew little to nothing about 2 stroke motors and carbs when I bought my kit, didn't take me too long to figure it all out and get my CNS carb tuned up and working great. I wrote a thread about it to help people that cant seem to figure it out themselves, here is a link to that thread, http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=32736&highlight=cns+carb+working+great . I think usually the first stop should be a float adjustment, which is really simple to do, then making sure ALL the jets are reamed out and clean, then make sure you get the carb seated right on the RUBBER GASKET (not the white plastic spacer, it is NOT the seal). It's not that hard, really....

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Hey N/C what we have to remember is some members here have never owned anything with a carb, other than a lawn mower. I didn't have to work on my cns long to figure it out, its one of the simplest carbs ( compaired to say a GM quadrejet four barrel) I have ever worked on. It wasn't what I call a problem it was a challenge, but I have been working on carbs since the early 70's . I still own older cars with carbs so tuning and reading plugs was easy. What we sometimes see as no problem may be a big problem for others, Greg

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
I agree there not complete garbage but the new v3 cns carbs are garb the fuel air screw is sealed and impossible to tamper with and the needles in the new cns carbs only have one seat so these new v3 are garbage cns carbs were created to increase the amount of customization on the carb so y make the v3 unable to tinker with it just doesn't make sense

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I agree there not complete garbage but the new v3 cns carbs are garb the fuel air screw is sealed and impossible to tamper with and the needles in the new cns carbs only have one seat so these new v3 are garbage cns carbs were created to increase the amount of customization on the carb so y make the v3 unable to tinker with it just doesn't make sense
All the changes on the CNS carb were done to satisfy EPA requirements and get them certified so they can be sold in the USA. I think the choice of the CNS carb in the first place was to satisfy the EPA as well. Viewed in any other light it doesn't make much sense, but in business you gotta do what the regulatory agencies tell you to do or you will have no business. So I think its best to just order a "spare" 5-notch needle when you order your kit if you are going to get one with the CNS carb....

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Im actually retarded when it comes to carbs n i get frustrated and angry easily so i decided f it n tomorrow im mailing it to my buddy n hes sending me n nt n speed carb for it n i understand regulations and rules but come on atleast make it able to run

T-lo

Feb 8, 2012
Orange Park
be carefull changing out the needle! the needle on my V3 carb is wider than the V2 needle. i don't know if it will, but i would imagine it should make a difference.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
be careful changing out the needle! the needle on my V3 carb is wider than the V2 needle. i don't know if it will, but i would imagine it should make a difference.
Is it wider up at the top where the e-clip is, or wider down at the tip where it goes into the jet? Wider at the top wouldn't make a difference (unless it wont fit into the slide) but down at the tip a wider needle would keep the carb running more lean in the low to mid range of the throttle...
At any rate, if you try a CNS V1 or V2 needle, or NT needle in your CNS V3 carb you can always put the originally needle back in if it doesn't work out (as long is you dont lose it!)...
Since I dont have one of these newer CNS carbs I can't try it out myself, but I would like to hear feedback from someone who has this carb for my own knowledge....

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Ahhhh! Cns carb!

I am just getting out of my bikes break in period.
My wife thinks the bike breaks more than runs, and I am starting to agree.
Every time I ride it, I come home with a new "had to stop and fix this, or this broke!"
My CNS Carb gen 3 kept popping of the intake due to not being able to tighten up the collar enough to keep it tight. I thought I had fixed it yesterday by installing a better collar screw and nut.
The bike was finally running very good this afternoon, and then the carb popped off again! I pulled over, tightened it again, and moved on. Then it popped off again. I tightened it again. Then it popped off again, I pulled over, and low and behold, the collar was broken in two pieces! AHHHH! had to ride the next 10 miles home in the 90 degrees we have here in Austin. I am used to riding long distances in the heat, but not with a 50 pound bike!

I just ordered the NT carb after extensive reading on this site, and from what I hear, I am looking forward to a much less troublesome time.