fender

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I wouldnt, unless you strengthen them up. Search (titles only) for "fender". Huge bank of knowledge there.

Just because the bike's 30 years old doesn't mean the fenders are any better. My parents' bikes have fenders (from the 70s) and they look flimsier than what I see on today's huffy bikes.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I agree, fenders can be Very dangerous because if they come loose they tend to get wrapped up in the wheel causing a lockup or the bike to skid on the fender making a crash unavoidable. I definitely wouldn't use fenders on a really fast bike for this reason alone.
One thing I've been thinking about if I ever decide to use fenders or if someone just has to have fenders would be to use a plastic fender or use the steel fender as a mold and remake it out of fiberglass. My reason behind this is that if the fender did come loose and get wrapped into the wheel it would shred to pieces instead of flip the bike at 30mph...
Maybe when I get more time to play I'll come up with a fiberglass fender that's strong enough to be fully functional but that would break easily if it hit the wheel.