Patch Work

GoldenMotor.com

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
My 35cc phoomer rusted out, big hole so I patched it with a peice of furnace duct, kind of thin, also brazed up the the holes I drilled too many near the pipe, and brazed up the pipe. New ones for 35cc are hard to find, but easy for my 48cc . I can get racing ones for my 48, but not the 35. anyway here are pics. of my work, and my " toy brazer " that actually works. It is just tacked into place for now.

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's cool... I had one of those toy brazers before and I liked how well it worked but didn't like the small oxygen capacity... I remember as soon as I got it home I went out to the tool shed and grabbed some scrap metal to try it out welding and it did a really good job doing the thin sheet metal so I decided to try cutting with it and it ran out of oxygen very quickly... I was a little bummed out that it ran out so quick but I bought a new cylinder and decided not to use it at all for cutting but it did great for welding and let me weld stuff that I'd normally just blow holes thru... I got a tig welder and plasma cutter now but I could still find a small setup like this useful since its so easy to use.
I would recommend these setups for anyone who wants to try welding, they're cheap, easy to use, and very effective.
Nice work brazing that muffler back together too...

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Thanks Dave, Tig?? never done it, must be nice, and your plasma cutter. I have not gas welded for many many years, and that was 16 gauge, way thicker than this stuff. Because of the corner seams, I maybe could have welded it, and without filler but I just could not take the chance....you know, of the muffler turning into one big giant keyhole, and that the patch is galvanized so I brazed it. Here are more pics, it is all ready for paint now, and thank you for liking. I know you have lot of skill and talent cause, tig welding is not easy.

Attachments