vm18 jetting issue

GoldenMotor.com

roadrash

Feb 11, 2015
Wilmington nc
Im running a vm 18 i tried the 70 jet it does ok at times at t wot but then 4 strokes at 7400 Rpms at times it does great though.so i dropped to 65a.n still it does same thing at times.I've looked for air leaks.changed gasketsshould i go to a 60 or less.keep in mind it wasn't doing this before.i have noticed that the rubber o ringed gromit inside carb that the intake slides into is tore some.not the round white one that carb clamps to. Is there something Im missing not had much experience with the clamp on type carb on my cr machine motor it has the 21 phgb spigot mount it gives no problems.but i like this mikuni its great for my little streamers anyway what should i do please help

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
the o-rings are at napa. the jet sounds like its 5-7 sizes to big allmost still.

lastly the needle should be in the middle clip i think for starters.

what is your manifold look like ? im curious?

roadrash

Feb 11, 2015
Wilmington nc
Moved clip.helped some.if i let off it an then juice it again it will stay in stroke.but i noticed that it falls flat around 72 7400.but if an once i can get It past that spot it stays in stroke nicely.Im not getting it.could my chamber be to restricted but i will order 2 jets an see for sure.