My version of an early U.S Army Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
First of all, let me thank the creators of this great forum and all of the members for the valuable information. This project began about a month and a half ago with a new Micargi beach cruiser from a local vendor and an 80cc motor kit off a cool guy that offered lots of great advice(thanks Neil) Anyway, the bike runs great and am more than satisfied with the way it turned out. Enjoy the pics!
UPDATED PICTURES (top two)
added new tank, ammo box, rack...

picture taken by Veniceboy
pics below are from last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightster

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Re: My version of an early U.S Army MB

BIZ, WELCOME TO THE FORUM. THE BIKE IS COOL. AS THEY SAY = COMBAT READY. GREAT PICTURES. THANKS FOR SHARING. LATER, RON.ride7a. .ride9

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh

awesome, the stars look exactly like i would want them. dont think any cop would pull you over on that pariotic thing!

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles

Thank you guys for the welcome and compliments.
lol... as a matter of fact, an l.a.p.d officer complimented me on my bike:ride2:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Very cool!... but military vehicles don't have white walls... :D dance1
Also, be careful, those Micargi frames crack easy!

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest

I'm quite impressed with this build. Very well done Bizcotch, and let me say welcome to the forum too ! :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

LOVE IT!!!
And that saddle is period perfect. Maybe a 10th Mountain Division emblem would go great on the tank.
Great job. And welcome to the group.
Tom

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles

LOVE IT!!!
And that saddle is period perfect. Maybe a 10th Mountain Division emblem would go great on the tank.
Great job. And welcome to the group.
Tom
thanks! I totally agree with you on the emblem, i've ordered it:D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Thanks, Biz,
I'm flattered and touched. My dad served with the 10th in Italy during WWII. and was in the same outfit as Senator Bob Dole. He learned to ski here in Colorado at Camp Hale then was deployed to Europe where the 10th was successful at routing the German troops from several important objectives.
Interesting note: Colorado has special tags commemorating the 10th MD and we have them on our cars. The emblem is in the center of the tag and very obvious. Thanks again. Dad would be proud. And he would have loved your bike.
Tom

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles

Thanks, Biz,
I'm flattered and touched. My dad served with the 10th in Italy during WWII. and was in the same outfit as Senator Bob Dole. He learned to ski here in Colorado at Camp Hale then was deployed to Europe where the 10th was successful at routing the German troops from several important objectives.
Interesting note: Colorado has special tags commemorating the 10th MD and we have them on our cars. The emblem is in the center of the tag and very obvious. Thanks again. Dad would be proud. And he would have loved your bike.
Tom
Tom,
That is awesome! thank you very much for sharing. I will be more than honored to wear this emblem on my pride and joy.

Edgar.boogy1a

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston

You could put a stock above the muffler and make it look like a saddle machine gun, but then again in a fire fight I think you would lose, cops might think it is real and now thinking It would look cool but only for shows, Ok not a good idea:)

ohrapture

Aug 18, 2009
VA

This is my favorite bike I have seem yet!
I have to make one of these now.

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York

I am thoroughly impressed with that build. I might just have to make something similar... Though I am thinking of a tan color scheme. Now I'm thinking of the possibility of a side-car. It seems like it would just fit so perfectly. Maybe for my next build.

Amazing work, I am green with envy.

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon

Once again I feel I should clap....I think the boardtrackers are great and to be able to make a replica Military MB even better, damnit now I have two new projects a board tracker and a Military style MB.....o I am never gonna have enough money...LoL