Photos of new tank paint :D

GoldenMotor.com

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
This is my first custom pain job ever! The stock black tank just wasn't looking right on my bike so I decided to poke around and see what paint I had in the garage. I found this silver and I think it looks really good! Its also got 3 coats of clear coat to keep the gas out.

yes it needs matching tires....

While its not very eye catching I think it blends in well and looks right in the bike - kind of stock looking! -MoTo

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Nice job! but don't you get burned by the exhaust?
How many builds now?
Thanks - the exhaust is pretty skinny and I always ride with my left food foreword so no. I've never had a problem, even with shorts. As far as builds hmmmmmm i wanna say 6 or 7, most for friends or other people. This is my 2nd personal build but Im still working on a 4 stroke bike (the motor you sold me ;D) and I REALLY want to put a motor on this little muscle bike I have. (plans for this "pocket rocket" are in the works - a 66cc engine just fits!) -MoTO dance1

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I have painted a couple of tanks myself- usually the gas still will make the paint tacky when much comes in contact- so get used to that- not much of a problem though-

I'd generally prefer a chrome tank and have one on one of the two builds-

but the paint really does seem to give the tank a little more strength otherwise- they dent easier without it- try to save some paint and you can just keep putting it on

I'm hoping someone will put out some decent one to two liter liter PLASTIC tanks, and there could EASILY be several different styles, to fit where the tear is now-

or UNDER the bar- one for most cruisers
one for diamond frames- really make things lighter-
the kit CAP especially is a weighty item on a bicycle-
I could generally get by with a tank the size of a waterbottle- a large one especially

they have some on ebay that would be hard to mount on a bike- but it's only just PLASTIC and could be easily maufactured I think

Just shows me that the corporate conglomerate is really sorta soft-peddaling our activity and hobby- they'll take our money for what is already around-

they just don't want to get to innovative or PRACTICAL

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Not many clearcoats will stand up to gasoline. Especially if they haven't cured for a good long time.

MN-occd::::
Here's a better price on the Spray-MAX 2k CLEARCOAT paint
It goes on smooth as silk and dries like glass.
It contains isocyanates which is deadly and you MUST use an approved respirator.

http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd_2_part_2k_aerosol.cfm

(Tom) 2 door recommends this stuff in clear which is safer to use but I know it is also fuel resistant

http://www.monokote.com/lustrekote/lustrekote.html

TiM