newest member of the "its faster than I thought" club!

GoldenMotor.com

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.
Hi folks, got really motivated at Bairdco's race last month, so I motorized my 1980 Schwinn Spitfire. If my laptop wasworking, i'd post pics. But, its not sooo...I'm a big fan of briggs & stratton engines, so that's my pwer plant. 3.5 hp with a mikuni 22mm carb, stock exhaust(for a lil while) pirate cycle hub adapter with 44 t, a jackshaft setup, and a china tank. like the title says, woot, its way faster than I thought. I should be at the Grange race, to CRUISE, work any bugs out. just took first test ridelast night. I'm VERY pleased with the newest incarnation of my bike,The Grey Ghost. The search here is pretty awesome, if you spend the time. I found pretty much all the info I needed to complete this build. This is a blast to ride and FAST! LOL

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.
well, the Grey Ghost is getting a new back rim. All was good for about 100 miles then she pops 3 spokes.take it all apart, replace the broken ones, true it up and go for another 40 miles. bang four more, all on the same side, both times, opposite the drive chain. So, screw it I ordered a new HD 12 gauge stainless spoke alloy hoop with another Shimano cb. That should do it! other wise the bike is running great. and I'm racking up the miles and smiles!!! Peace, H.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Glad to hear you're having fun, SuperH!

All that fierce horsepower just rips apart bicycle components!
My chinagirl won't hardly get out of her own way. Maybe that's a good thing.

I'm a proud member of the 20mph club and a devoted Gutter Rider.

Best
rc

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.
Hey CulverCC, ordered today, hope to have it by Monday! Then swap it to my gold annodized hoop... booya! lol BTW, are you going to make the Bairdco race in Riverside? it's June 16th I believe...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Woot woot woot woot woot what? woot woot woot woot woot woot woot what?woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot what? It really is faster than I thought!

and that's a good thing!