First Build - Modern Frame

GoldenMotor.com

swhitty12

May 1, 2015
Burradoo
Hey guys,

About to begin the first build, which will be a 2 stroke 66cc 'Santa Fe Cycles' motor, with a blygo expansion chamber exhaust. Gonna mount all this onto a Malvern star vandetta frame ( so it is a mountain bike frame) with a dual brake lever so that I'll have both v brakes going, eventually hoping to get disks.

I've ripped some handlebars off an old bmx, which when turned around and upside down give the bike a cafe look. :)

Anyway, my main questions are, that when I get the engine kit and start building it, because although it's designed in the USA, I'm pretty sure it'll come from China, what areas of the engine could do with greasing, replacing, sanding, porting? Or anyone know some comprehensive threads about these topics.

Other than that, make suggestions, post pics, share advice, because it is my first build, so any and all advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Below is a link to the enging kit I purchased, and I'll post pics of the bike so far later.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/271797911433?txnId=1473732059017

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Welcome aboard! If you go up to the search and type in a question about a 2 stroke you will find the answer on this forum.If you still have a unanswered question then post it and I'm sure you will get a answer. Lots of great 2 stroke PSOE on the forum...I'M not one of them! Good luck with the build.

swhitty12

May 1, 2015
Burradoo
So all but the exhaust came yesterday, stripped the bike down and just reinstalling the derailleur this morning. Gave one set of bars a coat of killrust gloss black, and will install those when they're dry.

Mainly here's just some eye candy of what the bike looks like now, the workshop, and my kit spaced out (When I can figure out how to attatch photos).

Enjoy :)