7g ghost racer boggy and sputtering

GoldenMotor.com

mctylermore

Sep 13, 2014
San Antonio
So one minute its running great. 30mph top speed, plenty of torque uphill, running great with about 10% choke and WOT. Then all of a sudden it starts bogging down and sputtering at more than roughly 50% throttle and now wants to run with about 80% choke. Still gets me from point A to B ok enough but uphill is rough and have lost about 5mph off the topend, when I can actually get it there.

So I'm thinking the carb may need adjusting but I don't understand why since it was running perfectly fine yesterday. Maybe a gasket somewhere went out? Where should I start?? Its only got 125 miles on it.

:-||

heliobikes

Vendor/Dealer
Oct 29, 2014
San Diego, CA.
How old is the gas you are using? I know that you already know but just to make sure you don't need any oil mix in the gas. Since the choke helps, the engine seems to want more fuel. Sometimes you have to adjust the fast idle screw on the side of the carb. Depending on your motor year, the fast idle screw is under the gold plug on the side of the carb. I would make sure their is clean fuel, a fuel filter, clean the carb and jets and if that doesn't fix it, try to adjust the fast idle screw. Good luck!!

xlander

Dec 12, 2014
az
I am having this problem also gas is fresh. already pulled apart the carb. Cleaned reinstalled. runs slightly better but still bogs and stalls if I throttle. It can only slow build now. My next step will be to get a new exciter. The chickenese managed to route the spark plug wire between two vibrating and close together plastic parts. It isn't through the sheath yet. I am guessing that there is possibly a break in the spak plug wire conductor. Close enough to provide spark but at a (dictionary term) retarded rate.

I am at 600+ miles. I have made significant changes to the build to make that happen. If I get it running again and someone can teach me to host video I will make a video.

I can say that I have had almost every failure you can ask for. Mount slip, chain rip, spar fail, carb fail, Maybe CDI coil fail.

With all this said. If you are having parts problems. I can say with near 100% certainty that this is a honda GXH50 knock off engine.

I will also say that as soon as I can afford a honda I will be swapping out.

Lastly again as soon as I have a fully functional long lasting solution to all of our problems I will make a video and ask for help.

xlander

Dec 12, 2014
az
Clean the carb. You may have to drill out the bread plug to pull the mixture screw out to get the varnish of that. How to access the other fuel inlet holes behind the butterfly for cleaning i haven't solved yet. I'm waiting for some replies. I'm pretty sure whatever the the holes past the butterfly valve are, they are where our problem is. I've got everything else apart and cleaned. It runs better but does an immediate stall out if i full throttle from a stand still.

I'll let you know after I've learned enough to move forward.