My first build

GoldenMotor.com

Skidmark63

May 12, 2014
Sacramento Ca...
Yea I thought the same thing about the bike to use and was leaning toward a cruiser and got this Phatcycles aluminum bike off craigslist for 160 bones and went from there....seriously need a front suspension fork for comfort sake and safety down the road...the bike is alot further along at this point and is a daily driver now..this is an early pic with fitment of motor and exhaust, chain and tensioner and so on....

Last edited:

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
Gonna be a looker, for sure. Very nice work.

Just another word of caution regarding the fenders. It isn't just a matter of keeping them tight. You need to keep a close eye on the brackets and braces. They are notorious for breaking. You don't want a fender coming loose and wrapping around a tire at any speed.
There are some good discussions here about how to reinforce the factory fender to be safer. You might want to do a little searching and read up on the subject.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom
Thanks for that about the fenders. Will definitely look in to it. I may remove the fenders completely, still going back and forth with that.

I like the way you've configured the Handlebars
Cool!
It sits really nice now, and I love a tucked look and feel. ;)

Really dig the color scheme. Great looking bike, Beard!
Thanks Lightning! It's kind of growing on me as well. Just have to find a way to 'de-brand' it and get rid of the silly little plaid bits about the frame.