POCKET BIKE TRANS 10 T sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
so i have a gotten my gx35 motor with the 5:1 trans mission on my F/S and it shifts nice only problem is that the sprocket on the trans got chewed up after one tank of gass.. not an alignment problem its one of the thatsdax.com 10t that are flat, made of very thin cheap metal i guess. anyone know where i can get a decent 10t for the 6 spline trans? 11mm across. i have a 12t but thats not enough of a reduction for me, i want it geared low as possible and thats the only way left to reduce..

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Re think your choice of drivechain and sprocket size.
The cheap Thats Dax flat ten tooth sprocket does NOT have enough wrap around the toothed part.
Switch to 8mm chain and sprockets that are made to withstand the punishment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72-Tooth-Sp...her_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item439268c854&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Tooth-Ge...146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d27ed8572

You can get the 8mm chain anywhere.

I use a gp460 mounted to a flat 1/8 inch steel plate fastened to the bicycle's frame tube with muffler clamps feeding A 5 to 1 transmission then to a sprocket that attaches to the sick bike parts front chainring adapter.
Long run on sentence. LOL

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
Re think your choice of drivechain and sprocket size.
The cheap Thats Dax flat ten tooth sprocket does NOT have enough wrap around the toothed part.
Switch to 8mm chain and sprockets that are made to withstand the punishment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72-Tooth-Sp...her_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item439268c854&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Tooth-Ge...146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d27ed8572

You can get the 8mm chain anywhere.

I use a gp460 mounted to a flat 1/8 inch steel plate fastened to the bicycle's frame tube with muffler clamps feeding A 5 to 1 transmission then to a sprocket that attaches to the sick bike parts front chainring adapter.
Long run on sentence. LOL
yeah i have been thinking about that....but i think it might be easyer to just find a decent sprocket. i know that they have 10ts that are high quality not the cheapo just that dax is selling currently. just super hard to find.. i have a 12t. i just dont think its geared low enough... regearing would be more work. changing my front sprocket to 8mm and changing my tensioner..the 410 can handle it. just not DAX crap sprockets.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
so i have a gotten my gx35 motor with the 5:1 trans mission on my F/S and it shifts nice only problem is that the sprocket on the trans got chewed up after one tank of gass.. not an alignment problem its one of the thatsdax.com 10t that are flat, made of very thin cheap metal i guess. anyone know where i can get a decent 10t for the 6 spline trans? 11mm across. i have a 12t but thats not enough of a reduction for me, i want it geared low as possible and thats the only way left to reduce..
Tell us what the rest of your sprockets are. Are you running thru 9-speed cassette?

Last edited:

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
Tell us what the rest of your sprockets are. Are you running thru 9-speed cassette?
i figured it out. sanded down the 11mm spindle to 3/8 and got a 9t staton sprocket with a keyed way. cut a key into the spindle and it works great. only problem now is i bent my derailer. been looking at nuvinci and i think thats the way to go....
my sprcket set up is..5:1 to 10to 48 and then 24t to 34-11
this gives me a range of about 34:1 to 10:1 or so....if my math stuff is right. and that when the chains jump correctly. while it was working great it was 25 mph easy and 35 on downhills. with the nuvicni ill get a wider range of gears and more low range. 30 mph topspeed is the target.

the nuvicni will give me 360% range so if i have a target of 40:1 that will give me a high range of about 12:1 ..idk, iaproximated it to top out around 28mph

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Good that you solved your problem. Your first is lower now, from 34:1 to 37.8:1. Final drive is still soft, from 11:1 to 12.2:1. You must've liked 5th gear before. It has now lowered from 18:1 to 20:1.