Hollywood CA to Long Beach CA Pics

GoldenMotor.com

SrtBrad

Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
We were supposed to go to Raging Waters again today but my son got the cold overnight after going to Raging Waters yesterday. Good excuse to do a bikeride to Long Beach and back from Hollywood CA. This was my first long ride since seizing up my Raw Motors engine in the San Diego ride. I have the GT5 now. Few issues to work out but the the most part a very enjoyable fast ride. Here the Pics from Long Beach:

SrtBrad

Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I tried to wave down 2 riders what appeared to be Raw Motors bikes. This was at the Long Beach bike path a few miles from the pier. Wonder if it was anyone from here?

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
Yeah, its weird. People that dont know about this forum and have motorized bicycles just keep riding. I call them silent riders... they ride, but dont talk.

When I went to San Clemente for some fishing of the pier, at least 1/4 of the people that walked by asked questions and took a look at my bike.

concretepumper

Aug 30, 2011
Cali
Nice bike & pics. Do you ever have any trouble with the cops in LB? I know all of our beach cities are all about writing tickets. I read somewhere Huntington Beach will take your bike (MB) & site you. Are you riding the river most of the way?
I would be interested in a ride with you once I get a more reliable MB built. All 4 of mine so far are homemade FD's.

.cs.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Lived in both these places- but awhile ago now- About 1980 I rode from Long Beach up to Hollywood on my road bike- I was Category 1 USCF and was quite surprised how long it seemed in alll that traffic- but of course I went up the bikeway on the beach and then the 14 miles or so inland to Hollywood- and I think I climbed up Palos Verde on the way.

wish I was there- would love to join you.

SrtBrad

Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I had a few cops follow me. None of them stopped me. I guess they ran the plates and backed off. I even talked to one cop who clocked me at 32 MPH. I have spoken to 5 officers so far and all of them say the same thing. Wear a DOT helmet, have lights at night and don't put others in danger while you are riding. They didn't care about the plate, insurance, motorcycle license, mirror or horn. I still am taking no chances so I got my DOT helmet, motorcycle license, plate, registration and insurance. I have a left side mirror, front and rear lights, and follow traffic laws as much as possible. So far so good with the man.

SrtBrad

Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
From Downtown LA I took Alemeda St to Del Amo St in Long Beach to the bike path and ended up at the Pier in Long Beach. I took the streets all the way back.