Need Help with Rear Tire!!

GoldenMotor.com

Dr. Bob

Jul 7, 2011
Chicago
My rear tire needs replacement and I don't know how to go about taking the wheel off (difficult due to the dual chains and dual sprockets). Anyone have advice?? I'm new to this so I need help!

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Take the engine chain off by taking the masterlink off. Then unscrew the nuts that are on the axle off(both sides of the tire. Then pick up the back of the bike via your seat so the back tire is off the ground and pull the tire out of its slots in the frame, and while your doing that u have to pull the chain off the bicycles rear sprocket and bam! its free. deflate the tire by pushing the little pin in the air valve on your tire until all air is out of the tire then take the tire off the rim, then the tube and replace.

Dr. Bob

Jul 7, 2011
Chicago
sounds easy enough. makes me wonder why no bike shops would do it, bike discrimination at its best! I will go on youtube to see if there is a video of how to do it, i'm terrible with this kind of stuff, so I don't want to mess things up. thanks for the instructions.

his196

Jun 19, 2011
Thousand Oaks, CA
Here you go Dr. Bob.

Remove Master Link/Chain: How to Remove Chain and Master Link Video ? 5min.com

Remove/Install wheels/tires: How to Remove and Install Your Wheels - Bicycle Tutor Video

Install chain/masterlink: ‪How To Change a Road Bicycle Chain‬‏ - YouTube

Don't forget! The master link gets installed so that you insert the two knobbies from the rear of the chain, pointing toward you while you are looking at the drive-train side (the motorized side), AND put the clip on so the open end faces the rear of the bike while installing it on the top side of the chain (the one going INTO the drive sprocket/motor, not on the bottom, the one exiting the motor).

Enjoy!