grubee does actually notice there is /was a problems w/ the CNS carbs on the 2010 kit

GoldenMotor.com

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
I was looking at the grubee site this weekend. I noticed that they have realized that the CNS carbs have a major air leak problem. Of course they won't say its a major prob , but for any of us like me that bought a 2010 gt2b kit... it was a headache for weeks.

1) The air leak gasket problem :The 2011 kits are now coming w/ a second washer inside behind the white. They are still selling the 2010 kits on gasbike , so if you get one of those you will have to add an extra gasket inside or do what I finally figured out works ( put a whole lot of high temp gasket sealer all over it , and i mean all over it)

2) The cable problem: The cables for the throttle and choke , they just had a poor rubber piece to seal them on, there is not a way to tighten the cable in to the carb , so they are just loose. The choke will get stuck up or on sometimes , and the throttle the same. My way around this was electrical tape on both at the carb and at the grips. Thus far it worked. The new 2011 kits are stated to have the ability to tighten them in.

Its funny when you call them , they have diff people answering the phones now and still deny any problems with bike engine , they still will not replace parts when they come broken in a kit and if they overcharged you , they will say it never happened and it was the correct price.....( I got charged $10 extra bucks randomly when I bought my second kit, not a big deal but it still shouldn't have happend) and if you ever do need to somehow get in touch with someone there , call for "sales" then ask your question.

If you want to see the improvements on the 2011 carb and linkage , download the NEW 2011 installation manual from the skyhawk page on the grubee site ,not the gasbike site.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Re: grubee does actually notice there is /was a problems w/ the CNS carbs on the 2010

I dunno, with all of the problems with the new CNS carb, and in general, various problems with Grubee products mentioned throughout this site, and his coddling up to the EPA, I doubt that I will be ever buying any Grubee products.

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
Re: grubee does actually notice there is /was a problems w/ the CNS carbs on the 2010

Yeah , I have heard various rumors about grubee taking out some of the other companies that may be making the same types of kits....

all you have to do is google his name and look at the results , you will see what I saw.... not stating my opinion ... just look for yourself ....

It really sux that there are not other companies trying to do this , seeing that there is a major need , esp w gas prices...

If you notice , the 48/49/50 cc are no longer being sold on ebay ... hmmm ??? why is that ??? the 80cc that are not legal seem to still be around ....

The only importer now being nationwide wholesale .... well .... lets be honest, they are just crooks .... known problems exist with MANY customers and nothing is done about it , if you look at the grubee inc site , they don't even qualify according to their own specs to be a wholesale dealer ....

Grubee being the only "name" brand , why not be legit and have satisfied customers ...... really ???? step up to the plate , the money is there , doesn't your name mean something to you ????

america 2011 , what the heck happened ????? a gas crisis w a small solution and it goes to the crapper .....

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY

I see a lot of these engines are pretty much dead bolts with an assortment of problems and ill fitting or running things. I gave up on mine and it's ridiculous the amount of effort to get them to run..Some seam lucky in that they get one that happens to run.

I don't have time to hunt down and take apart the entire engine to make sure no gasket leaks exsist or vacuum leaks..seals...magneto up to par ect ect... It should be done at the factory. If I wanted to rebuild an engine I would want to rebuild a vintage 426 hemi...I don't have it in me to rebuild a "new" engine.
I know they are cheap, but geezus, it should at least come with something that says "May or may not start or run, it's a cheap POS, use at own risk)

Gonna strip the Huffy tomorrow and give it away...the engine? Take it to the scrap yard with the rest of my crap..I sure as **** don't want to look at it anymore.

These things SUCK!

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Actually I think your engine is probably an easy fix, sure hate to see you quit on it, these are very simple engines that are very easy to repair.

I'm thinking you could possibly have a timing issue if all else that you described is right, maybe a sheared or missing flywheel key, this what I would check before I scrapped it and quit.

Peace

I see a lot of these engines are pretty much dead bolts with an assortment of problems and ill fitting or running things. I gave up on mine and it's ridiculous the amount of effort to get them to run..Some seam lucky in that they get one that happens to run.

I don't have time to hunt down and take apart the entire engine to make sure no gasket leaks exsist or vacuum leaks..seals...magneto up to par ect ect... It should be done at the factory. If I wanted to rebuild an engine I would want to rebuild a vintage 426 hemi...I don't have it in me to rebuild a "new" engine.
I know they are cheap, but geezus, it should at least come with something that says "May or may not start or run, it's a cheap POS, use at own risk)

Gonna strip the Huffy tomorrow and give it away...the engine? Take it to the scrap yard with the rest of my crap..I sure as **** don't want to look at it anymore.

These things SUCK!

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York

Yeah , I have heard various rumors about grubee taking out some of the other companies that may be making the same types of kits....

all you have to do is google his name and look at the results , you will see what I saw.... not stating my opinion ... just look for yourself ....
Yes, I have looked around on Google...
Turning in exporters to the EPA,
badmouthing other importers, etc.
A real c_cksucker, if you ask me.

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina

Yes, I have looked around on Google...
Turning in exporters to the EPA,
badmouthing other importers, etc.
A real c_cksucker, if you ask me.
Yep , that is the same that I found just doing a quick search .... to bad he doesn't yell at his own importing company ( uh humm... nationwide access) the ONLY one that can import his "name" product....

He needs to just add more distributors , fk he has a fair to decent product , and customers are there.... why not try to make more money from the kits he sells .... with his name on them ???? that's what an honest person would do ....

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York

I don't think that there is anything special about his kits compared to any other kits.

I don't think their quality control is better than any of the other kits out there, either.

I recently had to work on someone's Grubee Skyhawk kit and the clutch was so tight, you had to squeeze the lever with both hands for it to move... The main clutch spring was tightened down so much I had to remove the whole shaft and put it in a vise to loosen the nut.

The new style CNS carb was no picnic, either.

Unfortunately, after seeing these problems the owner of the kit decided to give up the hobby (this was his first kit) and sell everything off on Craigslist.

Way to go, Grubee.