micargi puma gts newbie build

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Love to see a photo of your rear sprocket!

Ive got the same bike, and scratching my head about the best way to install a rear sprocket.

I know you bent a spoke in order to install your adapter, and just wondering what it looks like!

A photo is worth a thousand words!

Thanks in advance, and hope you get a new spark plug soon!

P.S. Did you attempt to simply clean your old plug?

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I loosened up a few spokes that were in the way and after installing the adapter i retentioned the spokes, but I'll take some pics. I did clean the plug as best I could but haven't tried it. I'd rather just get a quality plug instead

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Hey Kitty.
Thanks for the pics.
That's slick.
Looks like if you filed a 1/8" grove for both spokes, it would be even less deviation.
I had my sprocket adaptor for a few month before I attached it to my bike and during that time I measured it repeatedly with my calipers. I would not advise doing this.
it probably wouldnt do any harm, but I am not totally sure there is enough spare material to get away with doing it (maybe if the grooves were very shallow)

if I were you I would leave it as is and run the bike a little. just check the spokes regularly, if they start to loosen up you may need to get the rear wheel re-laced so as to make room for the adaptor.
that said even bent like this there shouldn't be any real driving force being applied to the spokes, so chances are this is a completely aesthetic issue.

and as far as I can tell, the only aesthetic issue on this bike is some barely noticable gaps in the spoke pattern. if the spokes do bother your sensibilities though, it may be easier to destract rather than repair, add some wheel lights or some LED strips to the frame. nobody gon' notice some spokes when you got neons!

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Thanks, ya I don't intend on filing grooves ibn the adapter and just looking at the wheel you can't really tell that three or four spokes are bent. Doesn't bother me at all.The only thing that does bother me is the chain rubs the frame slightly on the bottom frame on the motor side. I don't think it'll cause any issues other than it rubbed the paint off but I know that'll cause rust so i do want to fix that but not quite sure how as there isn't much room for any kind of pulley. I was thinking of wrapping the frame with some delrin or something to prevent it from hitting the frame. I'll come up with something.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
So i replaced my plug but I noticed my carb is leaking fuel out of every possible place. There's fuel coming out of the primer, idle screw, drain, nipple for the fuel inlet. This can't be normal. I may just have to upgrade the carb, I'd rather upgrade than rebuild the stock pos. What's your thoughts. I also got a spark plug wire from orileys but I found out it's resistance wire so I'm not gonna use it. I'll replace the stock boot as the stock one has a couple cuts in it somehow.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I had some good luck with a dellorto clone carb, fortunately the air intake accepts about half of the carbs on the market, so you are awash with options there.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
It's just the cheap China carb. It just has a couple of Chinese symbols on it.I'd be fine with a reliable carb but would like a little more power since this bike is kinda heavy

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Yes it has the black filter and choke lever. But nowhere says nt so is it just a copy? Should I just build it or is buying a new one just going to waste my money. Sorry I'm new to these bikes but not to motors and cars.I'm kinda thinking of just going for the speed carb

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I wouldn't buy the speed carb, lots of people have lots of luck with them but to me it dosen't look like a substantial improvement over the NT that comes with the kit. but that said, I had really bad luck with the NT that came with my 2-stroke, maybe it was just bad luck.
I bought a dellorto SHA clone from pedalchopper and that carb treated me great.
the SHA has a wider throat than the the NT was so when adjusted properly you get a higher volume of air/fuel mix going into the engine, this gives MO POWAH! also the SHA clone I got had the choke lever on the end of a pull cable so I could put it on the handlebars, super convenient compared to the choke on the NT carb.

ultimately what carb you want is your choice and there are plenty of choices to be had, if you wanted to get an intake adapter you could get a bolt on carb like a mikuni, those are fairly well regarded (havent used one myself though)